Oct 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
The game in honor of Mount St. Joseph player Lauren Hill was moved up from its original date (November 15) by the NCAA on Tuesday.
Oct 8, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
Last week the conference sent a list of recommendations to the NCAA regarding student-athlete welfare.
Oct 1, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Big Ten is the first of the five conferences granted autonomy to send recommendations to the NCAA.
Sep 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Both sides would like a final verdict before August 1, 2015, the day in which the changes are due to be enacted.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The NCAA is hoping to have two lawsuits dismissed, with the plaintiffs in those suits arguing otherwise. And three U.S. senators voiced their displeasure with the lack of progress being made by the NCAA.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Losing one of the freshman big men expected to be a major contributor makes Tony Parker’s development more important for UCLA.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
The biggest issues involved the football program, with men’s basketball having dealt with self-imposed sanctions during the 2012-13 season.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
The NCAA is arguing that the verdict in the O’Bannon suit they’re currently appealing should lead to the dismissal of two other suits involving scholarship benefits.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Of all the things to turn in another school for…
Aug 29, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
Rashad McCants claimed UNC steered him into phony classes.
Aug 22, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Having stated their intention of appealing the ruling in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit, the NCAA filed a notice of appeal on Thursday.
Aug 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The NCAA and the plaintiffs in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit want Judge Claudia Wilken’s ruling to go into effect at the start of the 2016-17 school year.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The NCAA also hired outside lobbyists for the first time since 1998.
Aug 11, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Some rivalries never change.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
The NCAA will appeal Friday’s ruling.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:54 PM EDT
Schools are now required to have a staff member certified in first aid and CPR present at all practices and games.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The NCAA violated antitrust law, according to a ruling from a judge in the Ed O’Bannon case.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
Larry Brown also discussed the loss of Emmanuel Mudiay.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Facing mounting pressure, the NCAA is removing the name-likeness form for student-athletes.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Castiglione will serve as vice-chairman under Utah State AD Scott Barnes before grabbing the reins in 2015.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Sen. Claire McCaskill asked the president of the NCAA an attention-grabbing question during Wednesday’s hearing.
Jul 4, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Also filing a brief opposing a ruling in favor of the Northwestern football players was a group of six Congressmen.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
The hearing was originally scheduled to take place in May.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
With the option to sell beer and wine available, more schools are considering going that route.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 1
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)