Jul 27, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Ed O’Bannon’s lead attorney didn’t even know who he was when he first met him.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Facing mounting pressure, the NCAA is removing the name-likeness form for student-athletes.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Castiglione will serve as vice-chairman under Utah State AD Scott Barnes before grabbing the reins in 2015.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Sen. Claire McCaskill asked the president of the NCAA an attention-grabbing question during Wednesday’s hearing.
Jul 4, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Also filing a brief opposing a ruling in favor of the Northwestern football players was a group of six Congressmen.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
The hearing was originally scheduled to take place in May.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
With the option to sell beer and wine available, more schools are considering going that route.
Jun 21, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Another former college athlete sued the NCAA on Friday, alleging that the governing body hasn’t done enough to protect possibly concussed athletes.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the 1999 Final Four MOP would have returned to school for his senior season if athletes were paid by the NCAA at the time.
Jun 9, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
That brings the total amount of settlements to $60 million in the EA Sports lawsuits.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
The NCAA released a brief statement regarding Electronic Arts’ settlement with the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit plaintiffs.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The “Power Five” wants autonomy, and there were warnings of what could happen if they didn’t receive that leeway at the SEC meetings last week.
May 31, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Video game producer EA Sports has settled with former college athletes for $40 million.
May 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Ed O’Bannon lawsuit will officially begin June 9 after Judge Claudia Wilken’s decision to deny the NCAA’s remaining motions.
May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
The NCAA has filed a motion to have the Ed O’Bannon suit delayed until February.
May 14, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
The NCAA released its Academic Progress Rate data Wednesday, and nine programs are officially ineligible for postseason play.
May 9, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Committee hopes to provide more clarity to the block/charge call.
May 3, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The plaintiffs in the Sam Keller lawsuit against the NCAA support the governing body’s request to delay the start of the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Lawyers representing the NCAA filed two separate motions Friday night in attempts of having the Ed O’Bannon suit either dismantled or delayed.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
With the rise in graduate transfers, the NCAA is looking to change the immediate eligibility process.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Jon Stewart of “The Daily Show” becomes the latest to take shots at the NCAA.
Apr 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Kentucky head coach John Calipari has a new book due to be released April 15, and in his opinion the NCAA is crumbling right before our very eyes.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
After representing the Horizon League in the 2014 NCAA tournament, Milwaukee won’t have the opportunity to do so in 2015.
Apr 7, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
UConn senior guard Shabazz Napier weighs in on the NCAA.
Apr 7, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
If the people in power now want to have some say, they need to start looking at things in a grown-up way.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)