Nevada Wolf Pack
Nov 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
San Diego State may be the favorites, but up to seven teams are capable of winning the league.
Sep 24, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Nevada’s top interior returnee will now have two of eligibility remaining instead of one.
May 20, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
It’s not exactly overwhelming.
May 4, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Huff will head to the Big East
Former Nevada forward Cole Huff free to transfer to non-Mountain West schools in southern California
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
The number of schools that former Nevada forward Cole Huff is prohibited from transferring to has been cut down to 38 following an appeals hearing Thursday.
Apr 4, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Cole Huff decided to transfer from Nevada this offseason, news that clearly did not sit well with coach David Carter and the athletic administration.
Mar 12, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
No. 8 San Diego State, No. 20 New Mexico are the clear favorites in Las Vegas. But don’t expect those two teams to simply coast to the title game, either.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
Kevin Olekaibe and Deville Smith will be ones who benefit from guard’s absence.
Jan 23, 2014, 1:52 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Nevada 96, Fresno State 86 (2OT) Nevada continued its surprising start to Mountain West play but the Wolf Pack needed extra time to do so, moving to 5-1 in league play with a 96-86 double overtime win at Fresno State. Point guard Deonte Burton accounted for 31 points, five rebounds, five…
Jan 9, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Picked to finish in a tie for second place in the preseason Mountain West coaches poll, Dave Rice’s UNLV Runnin’ Rebels were clearly expected to contend for a conference title. While there certainly were some adjustments to be made given the number of newcomers inheriting key roles, there’s enough talent to make UNLV a factor…
Dec 30, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
College basketball is now almost two months old. League play will be kicking off in the next week. Let’s get you caught up on all you need to know with some of the country’s best conferences. To read through the rest of our Conference Catchups, click here. Midseason Player of the Year: Cameron Bairstow, New Mexico…
Dec 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Last season interior play was an issue for Nevada, as they lacked the pieces needed to supplement what Deonte Burton, Jerry Evans Jr. and Malik Story provided on the perimeter. As a result the Wolf Pack struggled in their Mountain West debut, winning just three conference games and finishing with an overall record of 12-19.…
Oct 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. Their first season as a Mountain West member was a tough one for the Nevada Wolf Pack. Lacking depth in the front court, David Carter’s team took more than its fair share…
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)