Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
At this point, comparing the two is unfair to Irvin.
Jul 3, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
The Wolverines went from running almost no ball-screens to becoming one of the best in the college game.
Jun 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Who are the players with the lowest floor, relative to where they are projected to be picked?
Jun 23, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
Who will we look back on as the best players in this draft?
May 16, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
The NCAA wouldn’t allow a potentially televised three-point shooting contest that nearly happened between Nik Stauskas and Steph Curry.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
The Big Ten regular season champion has lost two underclassmen to the NBA draft with the possibility of a third departure as well.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:13 PM EST
Michigan sophomore Nik Stauksas will announce his 2014 NBA Draft decision during a press conference on Tuesday.
Apr 6, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
The Big Ten Player of the Year will announce his decision in the next week or two.
Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Michigan last left the country prior to the 2010-11 season, and they’ll do so again in 2014-15.
Mar 28, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
Many didn’t expect Michigan to bounce back the way they have after the loss of Mitch McGary. Now the Wolverines are on the cusp of another Final Four berth behind a balanced offensive attack and the outstanding tournament play of senior Jordan Morgan.
Mar 14, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Michigan’s late-game execution helped defeat an Illinois rally, but should we be concerned about the Wolverines’ inability to defend?
Feb 23, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
With time winding down in the first half, Caris LeVert launched a 3-pointer from the corner and drained it as the buzzer sounded. As soon as he released it, LeVert turned and darted to the Michigan locker room. He knew it was good, cutting the halftime lead 36-34. LeVert scored 14 of his 23 points…
Feb 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
It has become vogue to criticize selections to both the Wooden and Cousy awards; the John R. specifically drew the ire nationally when its midseason list was unveiled and a few names, including Kansas’ Joel Embiid and Michigan’s Nik Stauskas, were omitted (though both can still be included amongst the finalists). One player, though, that…
Feb 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
On Jan. 18, Nik Stauskas scored 23 points Michigan’s 77-70 win over then-No. 3 Wisconsin inside the Kohl Center. That was at the point of the season where both teams were going in opposite directions. The Wolverines had won seven straight, a streak that would reach 10 games. Wisconsin, on the other hand, had dropped…
Feb 4, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Last week, I wrote that McDermott was the runaway favorite to for National Player of the Year. I think everyone pretty much agreed with me at the time. He’s played one game since then, against St. John’s, scoring 39 of Creighton’s 63 points and burying the game-winning three at the buzzer.…
Feb 2, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
For more than a month now, Big Ten teams have been searching for an answer to slow down Nik Stauskas. Tom Crean discovered the answer: Yogi Ferrell. The 5-foot-11 Indiana point guard gave No. 10 Michigan’s superstar fits, holding him to six points on 1-for-6 shooting as the Hoosiers knocked off the Wolverines in Bloomington…
Jan 30, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
Without Mitch McGary, the production of veteran big men Jon Horford and Jordan Morgan has become even more important for No. 10 Michigan. While neither needs to turn into a player who will post 20 points and ten rebounds on a nightly basis, as the Wolverines have other players more capable of scoring, they do…
Jan 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Since 1997-1998, no college basketball player has averaged 24.5 points, 7.2 boards and shot 43.0% from beyond the arc. In NBA history, no player that has shot more than 15 threes in a season has averaged 24.5 points, 7.0 boards and shot 43.0% from three. Right now, McDermott is averaging 24.3…
Jan 27, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Bryce Cotton, Providence Bryce Cotton has been a really good player for the Friars for a long time, but since Providence has spent the entirety of his tenure on campus mired in national irrelevance, he hasn’t gotten near the amount of attention that he deserves. This week that changed. Cotton averaged 21.5…
Jan 25, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
During the last few days much had been made about the omission of Michigan guard Nik Stauskas from both the Wooden and Robertson award lists. Having raised his scoring average by some seven-plus points per game from last season, Stauskas has been the answer to who will grab the reins for the Wolverines offensively. That…
Jan 23, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
If I put together mock drafts, I would, at this point, have Nik Stauskas projected as a lottery pick. He’s 6-foot-6, he’s athletic, he’s a lights-out shooter, he can handle the ball in the pick-and-roll, he can create off the dribble for his teammates, he can break your ankles with a cross over and go…
Jan 22, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Nik Stauskas had 26 points, five boards and five assists while Jordan Morgan and Glenn Robinson III combined for 26 points and 16 boards as N0. 21 Michigan stayed undefeated in the Big Ten with a 75-67 win over No. 10 Iowa on Wednesday evening. It’s the eighth straight win for the Wolverines. The last…
Jan 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Joel Embiid, Kansas Joel Embiid is doing his best to mimic the growth of Anthony Davis back in 2012. Davis was a no-name on the AAU circuit heading into the summer after his junior season, but he shot up the rankings, becoming the top player in the class. And as he…
Jan 18, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
You know this win felt good for Michigan. The last time they were in this building, the then-No. 3 Wolverines thought that they had landed their first win over Wisconsin in the Kohl Center since 1999 as they watched Ben Brust’s halfcourt heave soar in and force overtime. The Wolverines would lose in the extra…
Jan 5, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Michigan picked up its 10th win of the season, and improved to 2-0 in the Big Ten Conference on Sunday afternoon with a 74-51 win over Northwestern at home. The first half was relatively close with the Wolverines heading into the break with a 31-24 led. The Wildcats got 13 of their 24 points from…
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)