Ohio Valley Conference
Oct 18, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Tennessee State head coach Dana Ford entered the student dunk contest at the school’s Midnight Madness festivities. So how did he do?
Oct 15, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
JayQuan McCloud cited homesickness as the reason for his decision to leave the OVC program.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Tennessee Tech has given long-time coach Steve Payne an extension.
Sep 7, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Tennessee State has two players leaving for the junior college ranks.
Aug 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
A former UNLV guard has found a new place to play for the upcoming season.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 2.7 assists in 32 games last season, making 18 starts.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The reigning OVC tournament champions will play four games in Australia.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:51 PM EDT
The assistant’s 75-foot shot made Murray State basketball campers very happy on Thursday.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Murray State extended the contract of head coach of Steve Prohm.
May 6, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
A trip to the NCAA tournament was rewarded with a new deal.
Mar 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The head coaching hire is expected to be officially announced on Thursday.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Marcus Lewis is one of the names that you HAVE to know in March. Find out why.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Five conference tournaments in action, and Harvard looks to punch its ticket to the Big Dance.
Mar 4, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Last season, Kerron Johnson propelled Belmont, in its first season as a conference member, to the Ohio Valley tournament title with a last-second bucket over Murray State. If all goes according to plan, the Bruins and the Racers will meet up again in the OVC championship game as they head into the field this season…
Feb 3, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Why’d you do it Craig Bradshaw? Why did you try to jump with Tennessee Tech junior swingman Javon McKay? Bradshaw, a sophomore guard from Belmont, found himself on the receiving end of a brutal posterization on Saturday when the 6-foot-5 McKay stole the ball and ran the floor for a thunderous dunk. The dunk could…
Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Murray State beat Austin Peay in a wild game, 96-88, to improve to 8-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference. What most people will remember from the game, however, is Austin Peay’s Demarius Smith taking off in flight going down the lane. With Austin Peay trailing 76-74 late in the second half, Smith threw down this…
Nov 1, 2013, 10:08 AM EDT
Guard Zay Jackson was a player many expected to eventually help the Murray State basketball program account for the graduation of prolific point guard Isaiah Canaan. After playing 18.4 minutes per game as a freshman, the 2012-13 season was supposed to represent one more season of playing alongside Canaan while having a larger role in…
Oct 20, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
In the last month Southeast Missouri has seen its front court depth take some hits. In late-September senior guard/forward Michael Porter saw his injury-riddled career come to an end, with a labral tear in his right hip requiring a second surgery. And on Saturday it was reported by Catlin Bogard of OVCBall.net that 6-foot-7 sophomore…
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)