Ohio Valley Conference
Oct 18, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Tennessee State head coach Dana Ford entered the student dunk contest at the school’s Midnight Madness festivities. So how did he do?
Oct 15, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
JayQuan McCloud cited homesickness as the reason for his decision to leave the OVC program.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Tennessee Tech has given long-time coach Steve Payne an extension.
Sep 7, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Tennessee State has two players leaving for the junior college ranks.
Aug 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
A former UNLV guard has found a new place to play for the upcoming season.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 2.7 assists in 32 games last season, making 18 starts.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The reigning OVC tournament champions will play four games in Australia.
Jun 12, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
The assistant’s 75-foot shot made Murray State basketball campers very happy on Thursday.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Murray State extended the contract of head coach of Steve Prohm.
May 6, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
A trip to the NCAA tournament was rewarded with a new deal.
Mar 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The head coaching hire is expected to be officially announced on Thursday.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
Marcus Lewis is one of the names that you HAVE to know in March. Find out why.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Five conference tournaments in action, and Harvard looks to punch its ticket to the Big Dance.
Mar 4, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
Last season, Kerron Johnson propelled Belmont, in its first season as a conference member, to the Ohio Valley tournament title with a last-second bucket over Murray State. If all goes according to plan, the Bruins and the Racers will meet up again in the OVC championship game as they head into the field this season…
Feb 3, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
Why’d you do it Craig Bradshaw? Why did you try to jump with Tennessee Tech junior swingman Javon McKay? Bradshaw, a sophomore guard from Belmont, found himself on the receiving end of a brutal posterization on Saturday when the 6-foot-5 McKay stole the ball and ran the floor for a thunderous dunk. The dunk could…
Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM EST
Murray State beat Austin Peay in a wild game, 96-88, to improve to 8-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference. What most people will remember from the game, however, is Austin Peay’s Demarius Smith taking off in flight going down the lane. With Austin Peay trailing 76-74 late in the second half, Smith threw down this…
Nov 1, 2013, 10:08 AM EST
Guard Zay Jackson was a player many expected to eventually help the Murray State basketball program account for the graduation of prolific point guard Isaiah Canaan. After playing 18.4 minutes per game as a freshman, the 2012-13 season was supposed to represent one more season of playing alongside Canaan while having a larger role in…
Oct 20, 2013, 6:16 PM EST
In the last month Southeast Missouri has seen its front court depth take some hits. In late-September senior guard/forward Michael Porter saw his injury-riddled career come to an end, with a labral tear in his right hip requiring a second surgery. And on Saturday it was reported by Catlin Bogard of OVCBall.net that 6-foot-7 sophomore…
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)