Nov 23, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
Rakim Lubin was averaging five minutes per contest in UConn’s first three games.
Oct 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The 6-foot-5 junior guard is looking to bounce back after a sophomore slump.
Oct 13, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
The Huskies will not completely replace Shabazz Napier, but Ryan Boatright will try to come close.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
After having to worry about rehabbing from two hip surgeries last summer, Omar Calhoun could simply work on his game this summer.
Dec 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Over the course of the holiday week, we at College Basketball Talk will be detailing what we believe will be the New Year’s Resolutions of some of the nation’s most talented, most disappointing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams. What can we say, we’re in a giving mood. Who else made Resolutions? Click here to find out.…
Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of…
Oct 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. The rest of our Top 25 Countdown can be found here. For a schedule of our…
Aug 3, 2013, 7:36 PM EST
Offseason surgery is a standard thing for athletes. For college basketball players, knees go under the knife most often, with lingering ankle and foot injuries fairly common as well. UConn’s Omar Calhoun has spent four months of his summer overcoming an unusual surgery, however. According to the Hartford Courant, the rising sophomore suffered from something…
Oct 13, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Typically, when a revered coaching genius retires, his school flounders to recover. Especially when he retires shortly before the beginning of a season. UConn will have an easier time than most, because Jim Calhoun’s hand-picked successor was already in the fold, in the guise of former Husky standout Kevin Ollie, who was hired as an…
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)