Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT
Jerian Grant was the headliner for the Fighting Irish, but he had plenty of help as they erased a ten-point second half deficit.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Third-ranked Virginia now owns road wins over Notre Dame, Maryland and VCU.
Nov 13, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
Grant was suspended for the last 20 games of the 2013-14 season for an “academic mistake.”
Jul 19, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Connaughton being away from the team to play baseball has accelerated the leadership process for Grant, who averaged 19.0 points and 6.2 assists in 12 games last season.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:54 PM EDT
Notre Dame’s Mike Brey is turning to past experiences as the Fighting Irish look to climb the ACC standings in Year 2.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles drafted Notre Dame wing/starting pitcher Pat Connaughton in the fourth round of the 2014 MLB Draft and will allow him to play his senior season of basketball for the Fighting Irish.
Jun 6, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The Orioles grabbed the Notre Dame guard (and pitcher for the baseball team) in the fourth round.
May 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Notre Dame rising senior wing Pat Connaughton has a choice between focusing strictly on baseball if he’s selected in June’s MLB Draft or working out an agreement with his drafting team to finish out his basketball career at Notre Dame.
Jan 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
(Via SB Nation) Yep, that would be Notre Dame guard Pat Connaughton driving down the middle of the lane and dunking all over all-everything forward Jabari Parker. Notre Dame would go on to beat No. 7 Duke 79-77. Jabari Parker didn’t play the final 3:35 despite the game being close, and some were speculating that…
Jan 4, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
For the first time in 19 games against former assistant coaches, Mike Krzyzewski has been beaten. And while it isn’t necessarily a surprise that it was Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey that did it, it is a surprise that it happened this season. The Fighting Irish were dealt a bad hand last month when…
Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Over the course of the holiday week, we at College Basketball Talk will be detailing what we believe will be the New Year’s Resolutions of some of the nation’s most talented, most disappointing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams. What can we say, we’re in a giving mood. Who else made Resolutions? Click here to find out. WHAT…
Nov 10, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
Notre Dame had little problem disposing of Stetson on Sunday afternoon winning 80-49. After struggling to put Miami (OH) away for much of their opening game on Friday night, a 74-62 win, the Irish left no doubt against Stetson today getting out to a 51-21 halftime advantage. The starting Notre Dame backcourt was impressive as…
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)