Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Jerian Grant was the headliner for the Fighting Irish, but he had plenty of help as they erased a ten-point second half deficit.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EST
Third-ranked Virginia now owns road wins over Notre Dame, Maryland and VCU.
Nov 13, 2014, 7:36 PM EST
Grant was suspended for the last 20 games of the 2013-14 season for an “academic mistake.”
Jul 19, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
Connaughton being away from the team to play baseball has accelerated the leadership process for Grant, who averaged 19.0 points and 6.2 assists in 12 games last season.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:54 PM EST
Notre Dame’s Mike Brey is turning to past experiences as the Fighting Irish look to climb the ACC standings in Year 2.
Jun 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
The Baltimore Orioles drafted Notre Dame wing/starting pitcher Pat Connaughton in the fourth round of the 2014 MLB Draft and will allow him to play his senior season of basketball for the Fighting Irish.
Jun 6, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
The Orioles grabbed the Notre Dame guard (and pitcher for the baseball team) in the fourth round.
May 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Notre Dame rising senior wing Pat Connaughton has a choice between focusing strictly on baseball if he’s selected in June’s MLB Draft or working out an agreement with his drafting team to finish out his basketball career at Notre Dame.
Jan 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
(Via SB Nation) Yep, that would be Notre Dame guard Pat Connaughton driving down the middle of the lane and dunking all over all-everything forward Jabari Parker. Notre Dame would go on to beat No. 7 Duke 79-77. Jabari Parker didn’t play the final 3:35 despite the game being close, and some were speculating that…
Jan 4, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
For the first time in 19 games against former assistant coaches, Mike Krzyzewski has been beaten. And while it isn’t necessarily a surprise that it was Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey that did it, it is a surprise that it happened this season. The Fighting Irish were dealt a bad hand last month when…
Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Over the course of the holiday week, we at College Basketball Talk will be detailing what we believe will be the New Year’s Resolutions of some of the nation’s most talented, most disappointing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams. What can we say, we’re in a giving mood. Who else made Resolutions? Click here to find out. WHAT…
Nov 10, 2013, 4:06 PM EST
Notre Dame had little problem disposing of Stetson on Sunday afternoon winning 80-49. After struggling to put Miami (OH) away for much of their opening game on Friday night, a 74-62 win, the Irish left no doubt against Stetson today getting out to a 51-21 halftime advantage. The starting Notre Dame backcourt was impressive as…
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 0
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)