Jul 15, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
The last time there’s been a Big 5 doubleheader at The Palestra was in December 2004.
Nov 16, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Florida State and Georgetown received notable contributions from freshmen in their wins Saturday.
May 15, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In one week Penn’s 2015 recruiting class has gone from one to three.
May 9, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Penn hired alum and former Boston College assistant coach Nat Graham to the same position.
Feb 28, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
Mike Martin is continuing another strong year with his alma mater, as the Brown Bears lead the entire game, defeating Penn, 76-67, inside The Palestra on Friday night. Steven Spieth scored 19 points and corralled 12 rebounds. Cedric Kuakumensah recorded the second double-double for Brown with 16 points, 10 boards. Brown grabbed 12 more rebounds than…
Feb 2, 2014, 1:05 AM EDT
Harvard entered this weekend faced with tough games against Princeton and Penn, with the outcomes likely to shape the Ivy League race. One night after beating the Tigers in Cambridge, Tommy Amaker’s team made short work of the Quakers at Lavietes Pavilion. Laurent Rivard scored 22 points and Kyle Casey added 15 to go along…
Jan 11, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
To say that Jerome Allen’s Penn Quakers had a rough go of it prior to the start of Ivy League play would be an understatement. The Quakers entered Saturday’s game against Princeton with a 2-10 record, with five of the defeats being decided by margins of six points or less. But there is talent on…
Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77. GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn…
Nov 22, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
When the Penn Quakers take on the Iowa Hawkeyes on Friday night there will be two reunions of sorts at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery will be coaching against his alma mater, and the Jok brothers will be on the same court for the first time at the college level. Dau’s a senior…
Aug 4, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Zack Rosen is one of those players who make college basketball a joy to watch. In his four-year career at Penn, he was the head, heart and guts of the Quaker program, playing at an incredibly high level every time he stepped on the floor. He averaged 18.2 points, 5.2 assists and 1.4 steals per…
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)