Nov 18, 2014, 4:30 AM EST
Phillip Martelli became a national star last March, and he was once again mimicking his grandfather following Saint Joseph’s win over Drexel.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Hawks will have a thin front court this season.
Oct 3, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
With three pieces of their front court rotation having graduated, Saint Joseph’s took another hit in that area Friday.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
St. Joe’s punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament after entering the Barclays Center as a bubble team at the start of the A10 tournament.
Mar 6, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Last night, St. Joseph’s lost a game at George Washington that could have cemented a bye in the first round of the Atlantic 10 tournament and made their Selection Sunday much less stressful. Instead, the Hawks lost, in large part due to the 24 free throws that the Colonials shot in the second half. Phil…
Mar 2, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
After falling 65-49 at Saint Louis on February 5 the Saint Joseph’s Hawks had a 5-3 record in Atlantic 10 play and the look of a team that while solid would not be a contender for the conference title. Since that defeat the Hawks have won six straight games, with the most recent result being…
Feb 25, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Despite Langston Galloway’s scoring average (nearly 14 points per game) and perimeter scoring (39 percent from three) a year ago, the guard from Saint Joseph’s had an underwhelming junior season. His efficiency rating — 110.9 — was the lowest it had been during his three seasons on Hawk Hill, and with a large percentage of…
May 26, 2013, 11:21 AM EST
Losing at home in the first round of the NIT and failing to meet the high expectations set out for a team at the beginning of a season would be tough for any coach to cope with during the offseason. Make no mistake about it, St. Joseph’s head coach Phil Martelli isn’t happy about his…
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)