Nov 18, 2014, 4:30 AM EST
Phillip Martelli became a national star last March, and he was once again mimicking his grandfather following Saint Joseph’s win over Drexel.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Hawks will have a thin front court this season.
Oct 3, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
With three pieces of their front court rotation having graduated, Saint Joseph’s took another hit in that area Friday.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
St. Joe’s punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament after entering the Barclays Center as a bubble team at the start of the A10 tournament.
Mar 6, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Last night, St. Joseph’s lost a game at George Washington that could have cemented a bye in the first round of the Atlantic 10 tournament and made their Selection Sunday much less stressful. Instead, the Hawks lost, in large part due to the 24 free throws that the Colonials shot in the second half. Phil…
Mar 2, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
After falling 65-49 at Saint Louis on February 5 the Saint Joseph’s Hawks had a 5-3 record in Atlantic 10 play and the look of a team that while solid would not be a contender for the conference title. Since that defeat the Hawks have won six straight games, with the most recent result being…
Feb 25, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Despite Langston Galloway’s scoring average (nearly 14 points per game) and perimeter scoring (39 percent from three) a year ago, the guard from Saint Joseph’s had an underwhelming junior season. His efficiency rating — 110.9 — was the lowest it had been during his three seasons on Hawk Hill, and with a large percentage of…
May 26, 2013, 11:21 AM EST
Losing at home in the first round of the NIT and failing to meet the high expectations set out for a team at the beginning of a season would be tough for any coach to cope with during the offseason. Make no mistake about it, St. Joseph’s head coach Phil Martelli isn’t happy about his…
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)