Player of the Year Power Rankings
Mar 3, 2015, 3:47 PM EST
Kaminsky has all but locked up the award in my mind.
Feb 24, 2015, 1:08 PM EST
Kaminsky and Okafor are still the favorites.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:18 PM EST
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor are still the nation’s two best players.
Feb 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Is there a new favorite in the Player of the Year race?
Feb 3, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
There are four horses in the race for National Player of the Year.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:27 PM EST
Can you guess who those two are?
Jan 20, 2015, 4:44 PM EST
A longer look at how some of the lead guards on this list have fared against elite competition.
Jan 13, 2015, 4:12 PM EST
There are a couple of new faces on the list.
Jan 6, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
Who have been the nation’s 10 best players this season?
Dec 30, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Not much change in the top ten of our Player of the Year rankings.
Dec 23, 2014, 3:33 PM EST
Why Jahlil Okafor is so dangerous in the post, Ron Baker’s role change and some love for Ty Wallace.
Dec 16, 2014, 1:57 PM EST
Four new faces in the top ten and two new players in the top five. The tide’s are a-turning.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
Frank Kaminsky no longer holds the top spot. Who does?
Dec 2, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
The best part? The two best players in the country will square off this week.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor are near the top, but the rest of the top five may surprise you.
Mar 4, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Remember when people were worried whether or not McDermott would be able to succeed outside the Missouri Valley? Well, he’s averaging 26.0 points and 7.2 boards while shooting 52.0% from the field, 44.1% from three and 88.7% from the line on a top ten team that still has a chance to…
Feb 11, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: For the first 72 minutes that Doug McDermott played St. John’s this season, he lit the Johnnies up for 64 points, with 39 — and the game-winner — coming in the first matchup in Omaha and 25 coming in the first 32 minutes of the rematch in New York. But down…
Dec 31, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
The 2013-2014 season is sure to be a thrilling Player of the Year race, so to keep track of it, we will be posting weekly Player of the Year Power Rankings for your reading goodness. Who’d we miss? Who’s ranked too high? We love to overlook your team’s best player and overrate your rival’s superstar.…
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 1
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 9
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 3
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (10)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)