Player of the Year Power Rankings
Mar 3, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Kaminsky has all but locked up the award in my mind.
Feb 24, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
Kaminsky and Okafor are still the favorites.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor are still the nation’s two best players.
Feb 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
Is there a new favorite in the Player of the Year race?
Feb 3, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
There are four horses in the race for National Player of the Year.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Can you guess who those two are?
Jan 20, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
A longer look at how some of the lead guards on this list have fared against elite competition.
Jan 13, 2015, 4:12 PM EDT
There are a couple of new faces on the list.
Jan 6, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Who have been the nation’s 10 best players this season?
Dec 30, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Not much change in the top ten of our Player of the Year rankings.
Dec 23, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Why Jahlil Okafor is so dangerous in the post, Ron Baker’s role change and some love for Ty Wallace.
Dec 16, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Four new faces in the top ten and two new players in the top five. The tide’s are a-turning.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
Frank Kaminsky no longer holds the top spot. Who does?
Dec 2, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The best part? The two best players in the country will square off this week.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor are near the top, but the rest of the top five may surprise you.
Mar 4, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: Remember when people were worried whether or not McDermott would be able to succeed outside the Missouri Valley? Well, he’s averaging 26.0 points and 7.2 boards while shooting 52.0% from the field, 44.1% from three and 88.7% from the line on a top ten team that still has a chance to…
Feb 11, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: For the first 72 minutes that Doug McDermott played St. John’s this season, he lit the Johnnies up for 64 points, with 39 — and the game-winner — coming in the first matchup in Omaha and 25 coming in the first 32 minutes of the rematch in New York. But down…
Dec 31, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
The 2013-2014 season is sure to be a thrilling Player of the Year race, so to keep track of it, we will be posting weekly Player of the Year Power Rankings for your reading goodness. Who’d we miss? Who’s ranked too high? We love to overlook your team’s best player and overrate your rival’s superstar.…
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)