Late Night Snacks: No. 5 Wisconsin wraps up share of Big Ten title while Pitt, Stanford suffer damaging losses
Mar 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Wisconsin hadn’t won the Big Ten since 2008, although they’ve never finished worse than fourth during Bo Ryan’s tenure in Madison.
Feb 24, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Providence made a move on a prep school guard and received a commitment on Tuesday.
Feb 9, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Providence head coach Ed Cooley will be back on the sidelines after leaving a game Saturday and heading to the hospital against Xavier.
Feb 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Providence head coach Ed Cooley is returning home after a trip to the hospital.
Feb 7, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
Providence head coach Ed Cooley left the Friars’ game against Xavier and went to a local hospital.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
Believe it or not, the Friars control their own destiny in the Big East race.
Late Night Snacks: Purdue wins fourth straight, Providence completes season sweep of No. 24 Georgetown
Feb 5, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
St. Bonaventure and Davidson authored one of the crazier finishes you’re going to see in college basketball this season.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
No. 2 Virginia held a team under 28 points for the third time this season, and D’Angelo Russell put on a show in Ohio State’s win at Northwestern.
Dec 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Big East has a Final Four contender and a deeper stable of teams this season.
Nov 30, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Providence made seven of its first ten shots to begin the game. From there, they shot 4-for-29 as Kentucky turned it up defensively.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Providence better focus on Yale and not get caught looking forward to their game at No. 1 Kentucky on Sunday.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
The Friars could be depleted on the perimeter against two tough opponents.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Jerian Grant was dominant in the final 12 minutes against Providence.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Henton went for 38 against Notre Dame, while West Virginia won the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
Nov 24, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Putting together a top 25 this early is tough to do as we balance expectations with early season performance.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
No. 1 Kentucky set a new school record, Ohio State’s Shannon Scott broke Aaron Craft’s single-game assist record and more.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
‘Buckets’ earned his nickname because he gets … buckets.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Providence jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead and cruised to an easy win over Florida State.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
Arizona, Michigan State and Providence all reached last season’s NCAA tournament.
Nov 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Four bids to the NCAA tournament and the national player of the year. What does the new Big East do for an encore?
Nov 10, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The top-rated point guard in 2012 has played in just 29 games. He’s at the center of Providence’s NCAA tournament hopes this season.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
The relaunch of the Big East enters Year 2. Villanova is the clear-cut favorite followed by multiple teams that have talent, but also questions to answer.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Ed Cooley adds a 6-foot-8 forward to the Friars’ front court.
Oct 15, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Rodney Bullock was suspended for the entire 2013-14 season and was off to a good start in workouts before injuring his knee last week.
Oct 12, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Buzz Williams now has two commits in 2015.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)