Nov 23, 2014, 3:56 AM EST
Concerns about Cook moving off the ball seem foolish through five games.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Duke’s backcourt had some questions entering the season but freshman Tyus Jones and senior Quinn Cook have played well together so far for the Blue Devils.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Here are the next 20 players in our Top 100 rankings. Check Twitter on Wednesday for 20 more.
Nov 9, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
The Blue Devils look like they’ve found a starting point guard.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Duke has as many all-americans on their roster this season as Kentucky. But are they as good as the Wildcats?
Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
There are plenty of intriguing lead guards in college hoops this season.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Here are 21 things that could change the course of the 2014-2015 season.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Tyus Jones, Quinn Cook look to help each other improve during point guard “competition.”
Dec 4, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
DURHAM, N.C. — The story of No. 10 Duke’s 79-69 win over No. 22 Michigan on Tuesday night was some combination of the Blue Devils’ defensive prowess and the Wolverine’s offensive struggles. Whether you believe that Michigan’s horrendous night, which saw them score 50 points and shoot 39.1% from the floor in the first 38…
Nov 28, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
From Nov. 20th thru Dec. 1st, I’ll be on the road, hitting 21 games in 11 days. To follow along and read my stories from the road, click here. NEW YORK — No. 6 Duke got the win they were supposed to get and they did it the way they were supposed to do it. Freshman…
Nov 19, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Rodney Hood went for 30 points and Jabari Parker finished with 21 points, nine boards and six blocks — his fifth straight game with 20 points to start the season — as No. 6 Duke took every punch that East Carolina could throw and still managed to escape Cameron Indoor Stadium with an 83-74 win.…
Nov 8, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
In what has become a nice non-conference game between these two North Carolina schools since the Stephen Curry days at Davidson, Duke had little problem with the Wildcats in the season opener for both teams winning 111-77. The Duke offense was clicking on all cylinders, and seemingly everything they threw up found the bottom of…
Oct 26, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
This year’s Duke team is younger than what we usually see in Durham. That’s tough, because everyone’s still learning how to play the right way. It’s also a great opportunity, because everyone’s still learning how to play the right way. That means a clever coach can introduce a new style of play without as much…
Oct 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of our preview lists, click here. For a schedule of our previews…
Nov 23, 2012, 10:06 PM EST
Duke handled the “havoc” VCU pressure and escaped the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis with a 67-58 win. Mason Plumlee had 17 points and 10 assists to led the way for Duke. He also helped break the Rams’ full court pressure defense. VCU missed six consecutive free throws (two of them were the front-end…
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)