Jan 11, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
Maurice Rivers played 17.8 minutes per game for the Owls, who are 4-10 overall and 1-2 in Conference USA play.
Rice’s Marcus Jackson makes a shot from the opposite free-throw line to beat first-half buzzer (VIDEO)
Jan 11, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Marcus Jackson’s heave was good from nearly the opposite free-throw line.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Despite 29 wins (13 in conference play) Louisiana Tech missed out on the NCAA tournament. Michael White looks to change that this season, although, his team will have to go through the likes of UTEP and newcomer Western Kentucky, first.
Oct 27, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
News and notes from the world of college basketball recruiting.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
A three-star commit on Friday night, a top-70 pledge on Saturday morning. This has been a big weekend for first-year head coach Mike Rhoades.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
Harvard landed another quality recruit.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
It may not be surprising, then, to hear that their new head coach is a product of Shaka Smart’s VCU staff.
Jun 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Former VCU assistant Mike Rhoades has his first 2015 commitment, with a Virginia native making his pledge to attend Rice.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
Duke landed an impact transfer on Monday with Rice big man Sean Obi.
Mar 28, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Mike Rhoades was just introduced as Rice’s next head coach, yet he’ll reportedly lose two of his top scorers to transfer.
Mar 25, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
Shaka Smart’s top assistant will reportedly fill the Rice head coaching vacancy.
Mar 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Rice has parted ways with head coach Ben Braun as the six-year head man of the Owls was fired on Thursday with two years remaining on his contract.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)