Apr 13, 2015, 6:49 PM EDT
Southeast Missouri State hired former Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray.
Feb 15, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
An engine failure on a flight slowed down Mississippi State on Saturday night.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
Mississippi State’s taken steps forward when it comes to improving the depth and talent in their program.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
One of two double-digits scorers last season is sidelined at least a month as he recovers from back surgery.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
May 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Mississippi State redshirt freshman guard Jacoby Davis will transfer to a program closer to home after his mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Jan 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray will not be punished by the SEC for his role in a verbal altercation with Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson during the game between the two teams on Saturday, the Clarion-Ledger reported on Monday. Ray shouted a profanity towards Henderson with 6.2 seconds left in Ole Miss’ 82-63 win over Mississippi…
Jan 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
With 6.3 seconds remaining, Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson exited the floor with the Rebels holding a sizable lead over in-state rival Mississippi State. Henderson headed to the bench jawing it up, whether it was to his teammates or two his opponents I’m not sure. Either way Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray wasn’t pleased…
Sep 18, 2013, 8:36 AM EDT
On Tuesday evening, Mississippi State announced that oft-injured senior Jalen Steele’s career as a Bulldog was over. Steele had battled through a pair of torn ACLs and a broken wrist in his three seasons in Starkville. That would be enough to convince a lot of people that basketball just wasn’t worth it, so it wasn’t…
Sep 17, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
After three seasons that included multiple injuries Jalen Steele decided his playing career at Mississippi State is over, the school announced on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3 guard from Knoxville, Tenn., entered Starkville as a three-start commit. However, during his stint in a Bulldogs uniform he has suffered a broken wrist and most recently a torn ACL…
Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
It’s not like no one could see it coming. Mississippi State’s roster was blatantly lacking talent. If you had North Carolina minus-45 tonight, please collect your winnings, the Tar Heels demolished the Bulldogs 95-49. And frankly, it wasn’t even that close. It’s going to be a long season for first year head coach Rick Ray.…
Apr 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
With Connecticut’s final appeal to the NCAA struck down and the Huskies now barred from the 2012-13 postseason because of Academic Progress Rate problems, the once less-than-talked-about measurement is now firmly in the college basketball discussion. Mississippi State may be entering the rebuilding phase after the retirement of coach Rick Stansbury and, with a flurry…
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)