Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
Mississippi State’s taken steps forward when it comes to improving the depth and talent in their program.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
One of two double-digits scorers last season is sidelined at least a month as he recovers from back surgery.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
May 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Mississippi State redshirt freshman guard Jacoby Davis will transfer to a program closer to home after his mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Jan 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray will not be punished by the SEC for his role in a verbal altercation with Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson during the game between the two teams on Saturday, the Clarion-Ledger reported on Monday. Ray shouted a profanity towards Henderson with 6.2 seconds left in Ole Miss’ 82-63 win over Mississippi…
Jan 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
With 6.3 seconds remaining, Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson exited the floor with the Rebels holding a sizable lead over in-state rival Mississippi State. Henderson headed to the bench jawing it up, whether it was to his teammates or two his opponents I’m not sure. Either way Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray wasn’t pleased…
Sep 18, 2013, 8:36 AM EST
On Tuesday evening, Mississippi State announced that oft-injured senior Jalen Steele’s career as a Bulldog was over. Steele had battled through a pair of torn ACLs and a broken wrist in his three seasons in Starkville. That would be enough to convince a lot of people that basketball just wasn’t worth it, so it wasn’t…
Sep 17, 2013, 8:05 PM EST
After three seasons that included multiple injuries Jalen Steele decided his playing career at Mississippi State is over, the school announced on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3 guard from Knoxville, Tenn., entered Starkville as a three-start commit. However, during his stint in a Bulldogs uniform he has suffered a broken wrist and most recently a torn ACL…
Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
It’s not like no one could see it coming. Mississippi State’s roster was blatantly lacking talent. If you had North Carolina minus-45 tonight, please collect your winnings, the Tar Heels demolished the Bulldogs 95-49. And frankly, it wasn’t even that close. It’s going to be a long season for first year head coach Rick Ray.…
Apr 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EST
With Connecticut’s final appeal to the NCAA struck down and the Huskies now barred from the 2012-13 postseason because of Academic Progress Rate problems, the once less-than-talked-about measurement is now firmly in the college basketball discussion. Mississippi State may be entering the rebuilding phase after the retirement of coach Rick Stansbury and, with a flurry…
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)