Oct 14, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Here are 24 players that will make an impact after changing schools this offseason.
Oct 13, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
The Huskies will not completely replace Shabazz Napier, but Ryan Boatright will try to come close.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Kevin Ollie wants his Huskies to be a “fast-break” team. But in order to do so, they’ll need to make strides in the rebounding department.
Oct 4, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
UConn lost some talented players like Shabazz Napier and DeAndre Daniels, but they still have some talented players left for another run.
Jun 30, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Even though UConn lost Shabazz Napier to graduation, they’ll have more guard depth in 2014-15 than last season’s national title team.
Dec 16, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Rodney Purvis was a McDonald’s All-American that stayed in-state to play at North Carolina State, but the 6-foot-4 Raleigh, NC native opted to transfer after his freshman season to UConn. Purvis must sit out this season, per NCAA transfer rules, but he’ll have three seasons of eligibility left beginning with his redshirt sophomore season next…
Oct 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
UConn has been a powerhouse in both men’s and women’s college basketball for decades now. Both teams enjoy massive popularity in Storrs, but they have sometimes rumored to be at odds with one another – especially when Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma were vying for the spotlight at the same time. Under Kevin Ollie, however,…
Feb 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
A hearty welcome to those of you just now joining the rest of us in following college basketball now that football season has ended. We’ll be running a series of posts to get all you football fans caught up on the season at-large. To read through them all, click here. In case you’ve missed it, major…
Aug 21, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
NC State guard Rodney Purvis got a bit of good news from the NCAA clearinghouse Monday, but he is not where the Wolfpack would like him just yet. According to The News & Observer, Purvis is cleared to attend classes at NC State, which began last week, but is not yet cleared to play basketball…
Aug 4, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Rodney Purvis, a North Carolina native who is a key piece of coach Mark Gottfried’s 2012 recruiting class at NC State, will not make the European trip scheduled for the Wolfpack this month, the school announced Saturday. In a release, the school explained that, as the NCAA Eligibility Center continues to review Purvis’ case, the…
Apr 15, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
With the Jordan Brand Classic taking place at Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, it seemed only fitting that an in-state prospect, committed to an in-state school, would bring home co-MVP honors. Rodney Purvis, a 6-4 guard from Raleigh, N.C., scored 22 points and had three steals for the East All-Americans in a 99-95 loss…
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)