Apr 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
D’Marcus Simonds was originally committed to Mississippi State.
Jan 21, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Kevin Ware’s scored in double figures in three of the last four games, which have all been Georgia State victories.
Dec 8, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Georgia State won’t get a freshman wing this season.
Oct 26, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
The Panthers blew a late lead, costing them a chance at the NCAA tournament last season. They’re looking to get back this season.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Georgia State loses Kevin Ware with a high ankle sprain.
Sep 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered a gruesome compound leg fracture during Louisville’s national title run in 2013.
Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Ron Hunter is loading up on talented transfers
Apr 18, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
After leading Georgia State to 25 wins and a Sun Belt regular season title, Ron Hunter has been rewarded with a contract extension.
Feb 27, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter only has two rules, two requirements, for the kids that play on his basketball teams to stay on the court. Assuming they get their grades, don’t cause a ruckus on campus and generally carry themselves as decent human beings on a day-to-day basis off the court, all he asks…
Oct 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. For the past 24 years of his life, Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter has been a father. The learning process of being a parent never ends, anyone with kids can tell you that,…
Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Seven times in the past six seasons, John Calipari has recruited and coached a point guard that played for him for one year, either at Memphis or Kentucky, before moving on. That group includes six first round picks, some of whom are among the NBA’s most talented ballhandlers: Derrick Rose. Tyreke Evans. John Wall. Eric…
Apr 20, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Georgia State’s decision to move to the Sun Belt conference was a football decision. The Panthers wanted their fledgling gridiron program — helmed by former Georgia Tech head man Bill Curry — to compete in the BCS rather than the CAA’s FCS division of DI. In basketball terms, it was at best a lateral move,…
Apr 7, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Georgia State to the Sun Belt looks like a done deal. In football terms, it’s a completely logical move. Basketball-wise, it’s pretty much a step backward. It’s almost business as usual for Ron Hunter, who coached IUPUI through the now-defunct Mid-Con conference and into the sprawling Summit League, and will spend his second season at…
Apr 6, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
Georgia State is going places. In more ways than one, and more quickly than many had hoped. The hiring of Ron Hunter as the school’s basketball coach paid immediate dividends. The Panthers – members of the Colonial Athletic Association since 2005 – racked up their best league record ever, finishing 11-7 and playing in the…
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)