Dec 8, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Georgia State won’t get a freshman wing this season.
Oct 26, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
The Panthers blew a late lead, costing them a chance at the NCAA tournament last season. They’re looking to get back this season.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Georgia State loses Kevin Ware with a high ankle sprain.
Sep 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Kevin Ware suffered a gruesome compound leg fracture during Louisville’s national title run in 2013.
Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Ron Hunter is loading up on talented transfers
Apr 18, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
After leading Georgia State to 25 wins and a Sun Belt regular season title, Ron Hunter has been rewarded with a contract extension.
Feb 27, 2014, 12:33 PM EST
Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter only has two rules, two requirements, for the kids that play on his basketball teams to stay on the court. Assuming they get their grades, don’t cause a ruckus on campus and generally carry themselves as decent human beings on a day-to-day basis off the court, all he asks…
Oct 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. For the past 24 years of his life, Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter has been a father. The learning process of being a parent never ends, anyone with kids can tell you that,…
Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Seven times in the past six seasons, John Calipari has recruited and coached a point guard that played for him for one year, either at Memphis or Kentucky, before moving on. That group includes six first round picks, some of whom are among the NBA’s most talented ballhandlers: Derrick Rose. Tyreke Evans. John Wall. Eric…
Apr 20, 2012, 10:11 PM EST
Georgia State’s decision to move to the Sun Belt conference was a football decision. The Panthers wanted their fledgling gridiron program — helmed by former Georgia Tech head man Bill Curry — to compete in the BCS rather than the CAA’s FCS division of DI. In basketball terms, it was at best a lateral move,…
Apr 7, 2012, 9:48 PM EST
Georgia State to the Sun Belt looks like a done deal. In football terms, it’s a completely logical move. Basketball-wise, it’s pretty much a step backward. It’s almost business as usual for Ron Hunter, who coached IUPUI through the now-defunct Mid-Con conference and into the sprawling Summit League, and will spend his second season at…
Apr 6, 2012, 11:58 PM EST
Georgia State is going places. In more ways than one, and more quickly than many had hoped. The hiring of Ron Hunter as the school’s basketball coach paid immediate dividends. The Panthers – members of the Colonial Athletic Association since 2005 – racked up their best league record ever, finishing 11-7 and playing in the…
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)