North Carolina women’s coach Sylvia Hatchell honors Stuart Scott in pregame speech; men’s team will wear patch (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
Jan 5, 2015, 6:23 PM EST
The passing of legendary ESPN broadcaster Stuart Scott was personal for North Carolina women’s basketball coach Sylvia Hatchell and the rest of the University.
Dec 23, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
The emergence of Joel Berry a key for UNC this season.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
A deep look into the early-season struggles of Marcus Paige and whether or not they are fixable.
Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina
Dec 13, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
No. 1 Kentucky seemed fine without Alex Poythress in a blowout win over No. 21 North Carolina.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Meeks accounted for two double-doubles all season in 2013-14. He’s now matched that total through three games.
Nov 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
North Carolina scored 60 points in the paint Sunday night, with Brice Johnson and Kennedy Meeks being their most productive interior options.
Nov 14, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
North Carolina had difficulty pulling away from defending MEAC champion North Carolina Central, but finished strong for an opening-night win.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
What’s more likely: That the ACC gets four top three seeds, or that a team outside the top four wins a game in the NCAA tournament?
Nov 8, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Freshman wing Justin Jackson could be a key for North Carolina this season.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Roy Williams finally returned to Kansas and received a warm ovation on Monday night.
Oct 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Rashad McCants came forward in June, accusing the Roy Williams of steering him into “paper classes” in order to remain academically eligible.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
The Hall of Fame coach makes his first comments, several days after Kenneth Wainstein released his report.
Aug 29, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
Rashad McCants claimed UNC steered him into phony classes.
Aug 16, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
After losing Friday night, the Tar Heels won their Bahamas finale by 57 points.
Jul 13, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
Wayne Walden is a former UNC and Kansas academic advisor.
Jul 6, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Rashad McCants appeared on a radio show Friday to discuss North Carolina and the academic accusations he made against the university last month.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
The former Tar Heel was back on television Wednesday, and he isn’t budging from the assertions made last week.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
UNC’s AD can be as supportive as he wants, but that doesn’t make the data any less damning.
Jun 8, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Williams spoke with Jay Bilas for 35 minutes for a piece aired on ESPN’s ‘Outside the Lines’.
Jun 6, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The head coach issued a firm denial of the assertions made by former player Rashad McCants.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
McCants made the Dean’s List during the spring semester of his junior year thanks to courses that according to him weren’t legitimate.
May 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
Hopefully that will slow down the rumors about the Lakers.
May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly interested in speaking with North Carolina head coach Roy Williams.
Mar 24, 2014, 9:43 AM EST
Roy Williams handled a tough loss as well as possible.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
North Carolina shot nearly 60%, but getting whipped on the boards cost them dearly at Cameron.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)