San Diego State Aztecs
Nov 19, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Fisher has turned SDSU from a joke to a west coast power.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Both teams shot 32 percent from the field in the early-season non-conference contest between Pac-12 and Mountain West programs.
Nov 9, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
San Diego State lost a member of its front court on Saturday.
Nov 5, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Losing Mountain West POY Xavier Thames is a big deal, but defense will help the Aztecs account for that personnel loss.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
San Diego State may be the favorites, but up to seven teams are capable of winning the league.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Can the Aztecs win another MWC title and advance back to the Sweet 16 without Xavier Thames in the lineup?
Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The Aztecs are projected as the top team with two returners named to the preseason all-conference team.
Oct 14, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Here are 24 players that will make an impact after changing schools this offseason.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Dwayne Polee II, who hit his stride beginning in February last season, is one possibility for the defending Mountain West regular season champs.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
SDSU’s front court depth will take an early season hit.
Aug 27, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
Zylan Cheatham joins fellow freshman Malik Pope on the sidelines, with the latter still working to rehab a leg he broke twice while in high school.
Jun 22, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
SDSU would host the first meeting, with the return contest being played in Salt Lake City during the 2015-16 season if the deal is finalized.
Jun 14, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Cincinnati and San Diego State will play a home-and-home series beginning in 2014-15.
May 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
San Diego State has its first commitment in the 2015 class.
Mar 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Dwayne Polee II’s improved play down the stretch makes No. 4 San Diego State capable of knocking off No. 1 Arizona.
Mar 26, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
Previewing the marquee matchup in the West Region.
Mar 22, 2014, 8:38 PM EST
Xavier Thames factored into 45 of San Diego State’s 63 points in their win over North Dakota State.
Mar 22, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Eight games kick off the Round of 32, including a matchup of former Big East foes.
Mar 21, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Like a reality TV show, Steve Fisher complains the NCAA wanted the losing team pack their bags and go.
Mar 21, 2014, 2:04 AM EST
No. 4 San Diego State managed to escape in overtime after nearly giving the game away in regulation. But they’re going to need to be better offensively against North Dakota State on Saturday.
Mountain West Tournament: Tough afternoons for Xavier Thames, Winston Shepard III spell doom for No. 8 San Diego State
Mar 15, 2014, 10:03 PM EST
Tough afternoons for Xavier Thames and Winston Shepard III hurt No. 8 San Diego State, but they should be encouraged by the play of Dwayne Polee II in Las Vegas.
Mar 15, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
With the help of their role players and a critical three-pointer from Kendall Williams, No. 20 New Mexico withstood No. 8 San Diego State’s pressure to win the Mountain West tournament crown.
Mar 12, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
No. 8 San Diego State, No. 20 New Mexico are the clear favorites in Las Vegas. But don’t expect those two teams to simply coast to the title game, either.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Cameron Bairstow spent his offseason toiling in international competition, and return to New Mexico with a chip on his shoulder. After a season spent toying with the other Mountain West frontcourts, Bairstow’s efforts might not get the necessary recognition.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
New Mexico led by 16 with 12:05 remaining. And then their inability to adjust to San Diego State’s 1-3-1 zone cost them the Mountain West title.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)