May 19, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
The Longhorns will play some of the most recognizable basketball programs in the country.
May 15, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
The small forward is reportedly down to three.
May 5, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
Of all the changes on the coaching carousel, what are we most interested in seeing?
Apr 25, 2015, 10:19 PM EDT
Taylor averaged 13.1 points and 4.6 assists per game last season, and his decision to return is a nice boost for head coach Shaka Smart.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
VCU and Texas are in a battle over “Havoc”
Apr 4, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
Smart wants to make sure that former players know they’re welcome to return to campus for games, practices or to simply stop by the basketball offices.
Apr 2, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Smart won 26 games or more in each of his six seasons at VCU.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Having just seven scholarship players hasn’t kept the Flyers from playing a major role in the Atlantic 10 race.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:42 PM EDT
Kendall Anthony scored 20 points in the second half to lead Richmond to the 64-55 win, but the status of Weber is VCU’s greatest concern.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
What does VCU have to improve on as it enters Atlantic 10 Conference play as the favorite?
Dec 22, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
It’s great that the Rams do this.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Northern Iowa (9-0) would match the best start in school history with a win Saturday night.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Can a team that runs a pressing system truly be one of the nations elite?
Oct 30, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Preseason Atlantic 10 Player of the Year is looking to lead VCU deep into March.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Fun fact about Shaka Smart: He has still never won a conference regular season title.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The Rams have a reputation for being one of the toughest teams in the country. This is why.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaka Smart brings in a perfect piece and that was a priority recruit.
Aug 16, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
In order to play their high-intensity “HAVOC” system, VCU’s players need to be in excellent physical condition. Watch how they reach that stage here.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
The senior guard averaged 3.5 steals per game in Shaka Smart’s Havoc defense.
Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
VCU is playing a tough non-conference slate.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
VCU lost freshman guard Jairus Lyles to transfer on Monday
Mar 27, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Despite earlier reports that he would be the next head coach at Marquette, Shaka Smart won’t be making that move.
Feb 23, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
AMHERST, Mass. – Following Friday night’s loss to UMass, VCU head coach Shaka Smart entered the room for his postgame press conference, firing off a question before even taking his seat at the table. “Is this the same room where John Chaney said, ‘I’ll kill you’?,” he asked, referring to the former Temple coach’s confrontation with…
Feb 22, 2014, 2:01 AM EDT
Game of the night: Massachusetts 80, VCU 75 During the Atlantic 10 media day, I spoke with Massachusetts coach Derek Kellogg about his team’s three-point dependence. Since he arrived at UMass, Kellogg’s squads were content to jack a high percentages of threes, consistently posting a three-point attempts percentage in the mid-30s. After asking Kellogg whether…
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)