Apr 11, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Rich Audu and Marcus Hooper will be leaving the Siena program to play at Division II schools, with Hooper joining the program at Queens College.
Apr 5, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Siena’s CBI triumph should serve notice that the Saints will be a team to watch in 2014-15.
Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Siena hopes free food will fill the stands for Game 3 of the CBI Championship series on Saturday.
Apr 2, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
After struggling mightily with turnovers and keeping Siena off the glass in Game 1, Fresno State turned things around to take Game 2.
Mar 5, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Last season in the MAAC tournament championship game, Iona punched its ticket to its second straight NCAA tournament, knocking off in-state rival Manhattan. A week ago, the Gaels and Jaspers met in their final meeting of the regular season with Manhattan pulling out an 80-77 overtime win over the MAAC regular season champion. They will…
Feb 16, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Canisius 92, Siena 88 (3OT) Billy Baron scored 40 points (ten rebounds and five assists as well) in a winning effort, with this being the 17th time a player has scored 40 points or more in a game this season. But it wasn’t easy, as Rob Poole led scored 33 points…
Feb 15, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
After a pair of Lavon Long free throws gave Siena a 64-60 lead at Marist with 12 seconds remaining, the Red Foxes’ chances of winning seemed slim. But even with that being the case, Jeff Bower’s team still had a chance. And sure enough they took advantage, scoring five points in seven seconds to pull…
Nov 30, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Villanova 63, No. 2 Kansas 59 In a day full of great games, Villanova knocking off No. 2 and previously undefeated Kansas takes the cake. The game was hardly pretty, but that doesn’t much matter to Jay Wright. In fact, it seemed like Wright’s game plan against Kansas was to play…
Nov 24, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Today against Purdue, Siena earned another moral victory — if there is such a thing. Purdue doesn’t figure to challenge in the Big Ten, but the Boilermakers are now off to a 5-0 start and looking like a potential NCAA Tournament team if they are able to earn some good victories in the Big Ten.…
Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week. The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill. If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three…
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)