Oct 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Mike Young has seen the Wofford men’s basketball program come a long way since he first joined the coaching staff back in 1989.
Oct 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Mercer’s Ike Nwamu throws down a sick dunk during the team’s Midnight Madness festivities.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
Freeberg makes the move from the College of Charleston to The Citadel, with J.D. Powell headed in the opposite direction.
Jul 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Confused as to where some schools are headed on July 1? Here’s a guide that should help some.
Jun 4, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
Fourteen player departures in two years will reportedly lead to a coaching change at Samford.
May 26, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Samford forward Tim Williams has asked for a release and becomes an impact mid-major transfer.
May 24, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
According to a report two Samford players have decided to transfer.
Mar 31, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
The Chattanooga Mocs lost three players to transfer on Monday afternoon.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Wofford is heading back to the NCAA tournament for the third time in the last five years.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Five conference tournaments in action, and Harvard looks to punch its ticket to the Big Dance.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Bob McKillop’s Wildcats lost just one conference game. Does anyone else have a shot at the automatic NCAA tourney bid?
Jan 31, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
Will Wade’s Chattanooga Mocs entered Thursday night’s matchup at Davidson on a 10-game win streak, with forward Z Mason (18.4 ppg, 9.5 rpg) leading the way for a team with four double-digit scorers and nine players averaging at least 11.5 minutes per game. It’s been quite the start for the first-year head coach, who’s still…
Nov 6, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
Appalachian State is one of the teams expected to contend in a wide-open Southern Conference this season, and junior forward Jay Canty is one of the reasons why. Canty, a 6-foot-6 forward, is one of the SoCon’s best returnees after he posted averages of 14.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game in 2012-13.…
Oct 19, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. Hope springs eternal in college basketball (and sports in general), with the start of a new season sparking optimism amongst programs across the country. That’s certainly the case in the Southern Conference,…
Oct 19, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of…
Sep 27, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
The case of one-time Appalachian State signee Devonte Graham is certainly an interesting one, with the player looking to be released from his National Letter of Intent and the school refusing to honor this request. The school’s reasoning behind its decision centers around its belief that Graham was tampered with after signing the NLI, thus…
Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Another year, another Southern Conference title for Bob McKillop’s Davidson Wildcats, who finished the regular season 17-1 in league play. Jake Cohen was the coaches’ pick for SoCon Player of the Year, and he combines with De’Mon Brooks (who won the award last season) to form the conference’s best front court tandem. Elon, led by…
May 26, 2012, 11:30 PM EST
As realignment dominoes continue to fall, the current state of the Colonial Athletic Association is grim. With marquee members VCU and ODU jetting off to slightly higher perches, the league must rob another conference in order to maintain its growing reputation as a solid hoops league – let alone any semblance of actual league-hood period.…
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)