Apr 7, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Chris Mullin took over as the new head coach on March 30.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Chris Mullin has zero head coaching experience.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:39 PM EDT
Lavin had been with the St. John’s program for five years.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
On the heels of St. John’s last NCAA appearance in 2011, seven players joined the program. Three remain, and their aim is to get to the Big Dance as seniors.
Feb 6, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
St. John’s has dropped to 3-6 in the Big East Conference standings.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
No. 8 Villanova put on a clinic in the second half and beat down tired and hurting No. 24 St. John’s.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
St. John’s has made it official, Rysheed Jordan will return to the team.
Jan 2, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
The Johnnies are without their second leading scorer.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 AM EDT
A lot is riding on this season for St. John’s. Can they consistently be the ‘grown up’ team they claimed to be on Wednesday night?
Nov 13, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
Adonis De La Rosa is now eligible, but Steve Lavin may not be willing to risk anything until a final ruling is given by the NCAA.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The St. John’s frontline just got thinner.
Nov 8, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Given their lack of interior depth, St. John’s will have to find other ways in which to attack opponents this season.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Keith Thomas was expected to start for the Johnnies.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit
Oct 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball recruiting.
Oct 7, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Every season, a few college coaches find themselves on the Hot Seat as the season begins. Can they win themselves off in 2014-15?
Sep 28, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
If the Red Storm are to reach the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2001, their guards will have to be as good as they say they are.
Aug 13, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Having lost their top two rebounders from last season, the Red Storm have added another front court body in forward Amar Alibegovic.
May 5, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
St. John’s added a key frontcourt reserve on Monday with JuCo forward Keith Thomas.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
St. John’s received some big news this week as sophomore center Chris Obekpa decided to stay in New York.
Apr 9, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
St. John’s landed a much-needed front court commitment Wednesday.
Mar 24, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
St. John’s sophomore forward JaKarr Sampson will enter the 2014 NBA Draft.
Feb 25, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
There hasn’t been a hotter team in Big East play since late January than St. John’s. Steve Lavin’s squad was both clicking on defense (forcing countless steals) and on offense (consistently converting from two-point range), and the team looked like an shoo-in for an NCAA tournament bid. However, it appears the Red Storm has reverted…
Feb 25, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
It is not like Kansas is lacking in recruiting advantages. The team just won their tenth consecutive Big 12 regular season title, and Allen Fieldhouse is regularly cited as one of the best fan experiences in Division I — countless recruits visiting The Phog have been swayed to become a Jayhawk based on the overall…
Feb 22, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Having won nine of their last ten games entering Saturday’s contest at No. 9 Villanova, St. John’s has been one of the hotter bubble teams in the country. A win over the Wildcats would further cement St. John’s status as a team charging towards an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. And given their 0-5…
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (35)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)