Stony Brook Seawolves
Oct 17, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Stony Brook has quickly built itself into a NCAA Tournament contender after years of playing non-Division I basketball.
Oct 17, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
The America East will be very open this season. Does Stony Brook finally make it to the NCAA Tournament out of the pack?
Jul 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The 6-foot-4 Walker played just one season at Stony Brook.
Jun 20, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Stony Brook lost freshman guard Ahmad Walker to transfer on Friday.
Apr 30, 2014, 4:48 PM EST
Having led Stony Brook to 22 wins or more in four of the last five seasons, head coach Steve Pikiell was rewarded with a contract extension Wednesday.
Apr 6, 2014, 6:57 PM EST
Stony Brook has added a transfer point guard who averaged 11.5 points and 6.7 assists per game this season.
Mar 15, 2014, 2:26 PM EST
Albany experienced the NCAA tournament last season, but can an offense led by an Australian duo and a slow-paced shifting defense help the Great Danes earn a tourney victory?
Jan 24, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
With the top two teams in the America East doing battle, it should come as no surprise that this one came down to the final possessions. What may have been a surprise, however, is Stony Brook relinquishing a 17 point lead with 16 minutes remaining, and nearly giving the game away at the end with…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Vermont at Stony Brook, 9:00 p.m. EST (ESPNU) Just two teams remain undefeated in America East play and it’s the two teams many expected to be the leading contenders to win the conference title back in the preseason. And with tonight’s schedule boasting just six games this is a good opportunity…
Jan 10, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
If one is to strictly judge a program’s success by berths to the NCAA Tournament, Albany and Vermont have been the top programs in the America East conference for the past 11 seasons as they have been there a combined eight times. Will Brown has had sustained success at Albany, while Vermont’s success has been…
Jan 3, 2014, 11:14 PM EST
Stony Brook hung around and, truth be told, outplayed Virginia Commonwealth in the first half of tonight’s game between the America East favorite and Atlantic-10 challenger. Despite trailing 36-35 at the break, the Sealwolves controlled the pace of play and managed the game well with point guard Carson Puriefoy coming off the bench providing valuable minutes.…
Jan 3, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Drexel at Southern Miss, 8:00 p.m. This one should be a quality contest, with the Dragons and Golden Eagles both expected to be contenders in their respective conferences. Bruiser Flint’s team may be without Damion Lee (torn ACL) but he’s still got Chris Fouch and Frantz Massenat, and Tavon Allen’s proven…
Sep 22, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
There may not be another Division 1 school that has upgraded their entire athletic program as successfully and quickly as Stony Brook. A Division 3 school in all sports up until 1994 when they officially made the transition to Division 1, Stony Brook began offering athletic scholarships in a range of sports in 1999. It…
Sep 22, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Jim Calhoun, the coach who transformed Connecticut basketball from a decent program in New England to a true national power from 1986 – 2012, will be honored this evening. Prior to Calhoun’s coming to Connecticut, the school had reached just two NCAA Tournaments since 1967, and were hardly contenders from a national perspective. In his…
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)