May 23, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Colorado’s Tad Boyle doesn’t like the proposed shot clock change, and he made a good point about the physical nature of college basketball today.
Mar 17, 2015, 7:14 PM EDT
Askia Booker’s decision has raised some eyebrows, but the senior’s move to sit out the CBI will give Colorado’s young guards more time on the floor.
Jan 15, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Wesley Johnson (ankle) and Josh Scott (back) will both miss what is a key game for a team in need of quality wins.
Jan 8, 2015, 5:27 PM EDT
With Josh Scott at less than full strength after missing two games with back spasms, Xavier Johnson’s high ankle sprain is another health issue Colorado’s currently dealing with.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Brown is a senior in high school now, but he will enroll in prep school.
Jun 25, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Colorado guard Spencer Dinwiddie tore his ACL midway through his junior season but still opted to turn pro, in-part so he could get better treatment on his injury.
Feb 20, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
As many teams would need to do in the aftermath of a major personnel loss, Colorado had some adjustments to make once junior point guard Spencer Dinwiddie went down in the first half of their loss at Washington on January 12 with a torn ACL. One of the nation’s best perimeter defenders, Dinwiddie ran the…
Jan 19, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Colorado bounced back nicely on Saturday after losing to UCLA earlier this week following the loss of junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie to a torn ACL on Monday. The No. 21 Buffaloes moved on to beat USC 83-62 at home on Saturday and had balanced scoring from players stepping up after injuries to Dinwiddie and Tre’Shawn…
Jan 5, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
No. 10 Oregon possesses arguably the nation’s deepest backcourt, with two talented transfers (Jason Calliste and Joseph Young) joining forces with returnees Dominic Artis, Johnathan Loyd and wing Damyean Dotson. It’s a group that up until Sunday afternoon had won 13 straight games to start the season, and it’s safe to say that the Ducks…
Dec 25, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Over the course of the holiday week, we at College Basketball Talk will be detailing what we believe will be the New Year’s Resolutions of some of the nation’s most talented, most disappointing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams. What can we say, we’re in a giving mood. Who else made Resolutions? Click here to find out.…
Nov 4, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Colorado announced on Monday that redshirt-freshman forward Chris Jenkins has opted to transfer out of the program, per a release from the school. The 6-foot-7 Jenkins redshirted last season and played on the Athletes In Action basketball team that traveled to Lithuania for an exhibition tour this summer. Jenkins averaged 7.8 points and 3.3 rebounds in 17.8…
Oct 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. The rest of our Top 25 Countdown can be found here. For a schedule of our…
May 12, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
If there is such thing as a late-bloomer in the world of college basketball recruiting, George King is one. The 6’6 forward from just outside of San Antonio, TX is a big commitment for Colorado and Tad Boyle. Just weeks ago, King held offers from a modest collection of mid-major schools, but after performing exceptionally…
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)