Jul 8, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
It is the second time Leslee Smith has suffered an ACL injury.
Jun 8, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
File this under: Tim Miles being awesome.
Mar 17, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Nebraska found out Sunday that it would make the school’s first NCAA tournament appearance since 1998, and it’s safe to say that the folks at Pinnacle Bank Arena were enthused.
Mar 14, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Down 18 midway through the second half, Ohio State seemed destined to drop their second-straight game to Nebraska. An unlikely hero, though, helped carry the Buckeyes to the Big Ten tournament semifinals.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Picked to finish last in the Big Ten’s preseason poll, Nebraska moved closer to its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1998 with a win over No. 9 Wisconsin.
Feb 28, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
On Saturday afternoon Nebraska will celebrate its past, with numerous former players returning to Lincoln for the Huskers’ game against Northwestern and the Legends Weekend festivities. And the current team will dress the part, wearing throwback uniforms inspired by the 1911-12 team. That team went 14-1 and won the Missouri Valley Conference title, the program’s…
Jan 21, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Nebraska beat No. 17 Ohio State at home last night. To celebrate, Tim Miles — the Nebraska head coach known for tweeting out halftime adjustments — somehow found himself taking a selfie while hugging a fan: Here’s my view of the Miles-Fan selfie!! A full embrace!! @CoachMiles @CHVALAfied2prty #Huskers pic.twitter.com/Ffhr9O6ZP9 — Kevin Sjuts (@kevinsjuts) January…
Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena. Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the…
Jun 9, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Cincinnati and Nebraska have agreed in principle to play a home-and-home series beginning in Cincinnati for the 2013-14 season. Officials at Cincinnati have said that a contract has not been signed, but the schools have a verbal agreement. The schools have only met on the hardwood three times–Cincinnati has won all three–with the most recent…
May 3, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
“When you walk into an arena that’s half full or two-thirds full, it gives you a sense of the confidence of the traveling team. When you walk into sold-out arenas, you worry about getting your team to communicate. When the arena’s sold out, there’s so much more pressure on an opposing team to play in…
Dec 3, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
In the only game between major conference teams on the night, Nebraska (affectionately known by Husker fans as #Nebrasketball on Twitter) moved to 6-1 with a 63-51 home win over USC. Ray Gallegos dropped in 20 points on 7-of-14 shooting, including 6-of-10 threes, in 38 minutes and the Cornhuskers hit 11-of-17 threes overall (64.7-percent) in…
Aug 11, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Tim Miles was tapped to be the man to take the reins of a Nebraska program that hasn’t made the NCAA tournament since 1998 and he’s wasting no time trying to build. He added two pieces Friday, as 2013 prospects Nick Fuller and Nate Hawkins pledged their names to the Cornhuskers. Fuller, a 6-7 guard,…
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)