Nov 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Every year features teams that step forward into the national limelight. Here are ten to keep in mind in advance of the 2014-15 season.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Toledo’s defense will be the key to their NCAA tournament bid.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MAC is sure to be one of the more intriguing mid-major leagues during the 2014-15 season.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The top 15 teams from outside the power conferences. What did we get wrong?
May 22, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Who will be the best mid-major teams next season?
Mar 9, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Eight teams open play on Monday.
Jan 15, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
In a matchup of two teams expected to contend in their respective divisions of the Mid-American Conference, Toledo and Buffalo staged a thriller at Savage Hall. The visiting Bulls led by as many as 13 points in the first half but the Rockets, who at one point were 12-0 this season, fought their way back…
Dec 30, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Naadir Tharpe finished with 20 points and eight assists, hitting 7-for-8 from the floor and 4-for-5 from three, as No. 16 Kansas held off a scrappy Toledo squad 93-83. The Jayhawks put together one of the most brutal non-conference schedules in the country this season, one that still features a visit for San Diego State.…
Nov 14, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
The East Division’s run of dominance in the Mid-American Conference has been well-documented, with programs such as Akron, Ohio and Kent State having a firm grip on the conference’s automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. The last time a team from the West earned that bid was in 2004, when Western Michigan won the conference…
Oct 23, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of the Conference Previews we’ve published, click here. For a schedule of…
Oct 10, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. Check back throughout the day, as we’ll be posting three or four preview items every day. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. To see the rest of our preview lists,click here. For a schedule of our previews for the…
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (43)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)