Jul 6, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Playing basketball against players with rugby backgrounds has impacted the freshman’s game, and Virginia’s other front court players have experienced this first-hand.
Jun 3, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Bennett’s new deal is good through the 2020-2021 season.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Mar 21, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
That was funny, says UVA coach Tony Bennett, but don’t press your luck twice.
Mar 20, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
The Atlanta Tipoff Club announced the five finalists for the Naismith Coach of the Year award Thursday, and four of the five remaining candidates have teams in the NCAA tournament.
Mar 1, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
In their final non-conference game before the start of ACC play No. 12 Virginia turned in its worst performance of the season, losing 87-52 at Tennessee in a game that was never in doubt. On that evening Tony Bennett’s squad looked more like a team that would have to fight its way into the NCAA…
Feb 26, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Conference play in the ACC has been interesting to say the least. With No. 4 Syracuse, No. 6 Duke and No. 19 North Carolina all being interesting teams to watch for varying reasons, those three teams received much of the attention nationally. But none of those three currently lead the ACC. The leader is No.…
Jan 4, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
The last time we saw the Virginia Cavaliers in action Tony Bennett’s squad looked bad, as they were outclassed on both ends Monday night in a blowout loss at Tennessee. With their best win coming at the expense of SMU, the Cavaliers entered ACC play in need of more quality wins. But who are the…
Oct 19, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
When Anthony Mitchell thinks his son needs a little push, he whispers a name in his ear. “Karl Hobbs” This might seem strange, since Hobbs is currently the Director of Basketball Operations at UConn, and Akil Mitchell is a senior forward for Tony Bennett at Virginia, but there’s a story behind it all. A story…
Oct 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. Billy Baron wasn’t supposed to play at Canisius. Near the end of his post-graduate year at Worcester Academy in 2010 and after much deliberation of whether to play for his father, Jim, at the…
May 19, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Yesterday, news broke that Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski was in discussions to return as the USA Olympic men’s basketball coach through the Rio 2016 Olympics. On a smaller scale, earlier last week the Providence Journal reported that Providence head coach Ed Cooley will join Marquette head coach Buzz Williams and Tim Ryan, head coach from the College of Central…
May 4, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
John Calipari recruits huge freshman classes and he won a title. So that should work for everyone, right? Obviously it’s not that easy. Not every freshman class is loaded with blue-chippers destined for the NBA. But plenty of programs land nice classes that appear to be poised to grow together into a winning core. Tony…
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)