Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Virginia is coming off of a dual-ACC title and returns the majority of the key players from that team.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Virginia got a very skilled guard in the 2016 class.
Sep 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Did Tony Bennett just land London Perrantes, version 2.0?
Aug 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
With Darion Atkins being a senior this season and three other forwards being seniors in 2015-16, this is an important commitment for the reigning ACC champions.
Jul 6, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Playing basketball against players with rugby backgrounds has impacted the freshman’s game, and Virginia’s other front court players have experienced this first-hand.
Jun 3, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Bennett’s new deal is good through the 2020-2021 season.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Mar 21, 2014, 10:07 AM EST
That was funny, says UVA coach Tony Bennett, but don’t press your luck twice.
Mar 20, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The Atlanta Tipoff Club announced the five finalists for the Naismith Coach of the Year award Thursday, and four of the five remaining candidates have teams in the NCAA tournament.
Mar 1, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
In their final non-conference game before the start of ACC play No. 12 Virginia turned in its worst performance of the season, losing 87-52 at Tennessee in a game that was never in doubt. On that evening Tony Bennett’s squad looked more like a team that would have to fight its way into the NCAA…
Feb 26, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Conference play in the ACC has been interesting to say the least. With No. 4 Syracuse, No. 6 Duke and No. 19 North Carolina all being interesting teams to watch for varying reasons, those three teams received much of the attention nationally. But none of those three currently lead the ACC. The leader is No.…
Jan 4, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
The last time we saw the Virginia Cavaliers in action Tony Bennett’s squad looked bad, as they were outclassed on both ends Monday night in a blowout loss at Tennessee. With their best win coming at the expense of SMU, the Cavaliers entered ACC play in need of more quality wins. But who are the…
Oct 19, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
When Anthony Mitchell thinks his son needs a little push, he whispers a name in his ear. “Karl Hobbs” This might seem strange, since Hobbs is currently the Director of Basketball Operations at UConn, and Akil Mitchell is a senior forward for Tony Bennett at Virginia, but there’s a story behind it all. A story…
Oct 18, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
All month long, CBT will be rolling out our 2013-2014 season preview. To browse through the preview posts we’ve already published, click here. Billy Baron wasn’t supposed to play at Canisius. Near the end of his post-graduate year at Worcester Academy in 2010 and after much deliberation of whether to play for his father, Jim, at the…
May 19, 2013, 10:09 AM EST
Yesterday, news broke that Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski was in discussions to return as the USA Olympic men’s basketball coach through the Rio 2016 Olympics. On a smaller scale, earlier last week the Providence Journal reported that Providence head coach Ed Cooley will join Marquette head coach Buzz Williams and Tim Ryan, head coach from the College of Central…
May 4, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
John Calipari recruits huge freshman classes and he won a title. So that should work for everyone, right? Obviously it’s not that easy. Not every freshman class is loaded with blue-chippers destined for the NBA. But plenty of programs land nice classes that appear to be poised to grow together into a winning core. Tony…
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)