Sep 24, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
Both of UTEP’s commitments thus far are front court players, which is key with Julian Washburn and Cedric Lang both entering their senior year.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UTEP landed a big man with upside on Monday night.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
UTEP took a blow to its 2014-15 season as two freshmen failed to make the roster.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
The 7-footer played all last season with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. Now healthy, he’ll be a key figure for a team that has to account for the graduation of John Bohannon.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
The eight teams playing in the event, which will be played November 27-28, 30, were announced.
May 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Can anyone in Conference USA catchup up with Louisiana Tech?
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Jan 7, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon UTEP held a press conference regarding the FBI’s investigation involving several members of the university’s basketball program. From that press conference it was announced that leading scorer McKenzie Moore, fellow junior Jalen Ragland and graduate student Justin Crosgile had been dismissed from the team after school administration had determined that the three…
Nov 30, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
While in-season tournaments present great opportunities for programs to rack up multiple quality wins in a neutral setting, there also valuable when it comes to the growth of a roster. That’s certainly the hope for No. 2 Kansas, which despite its 2-1 weekend at the Battle 4 Atlantis did not enjoy the best of weekends…
Nov 29, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
What a difference a day made for both No. 23 Iowa and UTEP in the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis on Friday night. Iowa struggled offensively for much of the night in their overtime win over Xavier on Thursday, but Fran McCaffery’s team had no such issues against the Miners. As a team the…
Nov 29, 2013, 1:27 AM EDT
While much of the chatter regarding UTEP head coach Tim Floyd at this week’s Battle 4 Atlantis is focused on his ongoing feud with USC head coach Andy Enfield, the fact of the matter is that the man’s pretty good when it comes to basketball strategy. And that ability, along with the skill of his…
Nov 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
“Tim Floyd shows up every day at work and realizes he lives in El Paso, Texas. And he’s pissed off that he didn’t get the USC job two months ago. I told him, ‘Tim, if I could have all this power to somehow convince a family to do this, why the heck didn’t the kid…
Oct 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
After returning to Cole Field House for the program’s midnight madness-style event on Friday night, Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon discussed the possibility of the Terrapins playing a regular season game at their old home. Now playing their home game at the Comcast Center, Maryland called Cole home from 1955 to 2002. Who knows if…
Sep 5, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
UTEP joined the long list of schools that have updated the basketball court in their home arena to add a unique element easily identifiable with the school. For the Miners, the addition is a pair of the mining picks that make up the ‘T’ in UTEP’s logo. It looks good. There’s a lot going on…
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)