Apr 18, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Josh Speidel hadn’t spoken since the crash February 1. His first word: “Mom.”
Dec 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
All it took was one shot for T.J. Sorrentine to become a hero to an entire state.
Dec 7, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
If we are giving away fantasy points, my football team could use a few.
Dec 7, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Vermont is losing one of six freshman to injury for the season.
Dec 3, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Maine is looking to connect with the Portland-based portion of its fan base with this one-game move.
Oct 17, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
The America East will be very open this season. Does Stony Brook finally make it to the NCAA Tournament out of the pack?
Jun 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Four-time defending CIS champion Carleton will host August exhibition games against Indiana, Memphis, UIC and Vermont.
Jan 24, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
With the top two teams in the America East doing battle, it should come as no surprise that this one came down to the final possessions. What may have been a surprise, however, is Stony Brook relinquishing a 17 point lead with 16 minutes remaining, and nearly giving the game away at the end with…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Vermont at Stony Brook, 9:00 p.m. EST (ESPNU) Just two teams remain undefeated in America East play and it’s the two teams many expected to be the leading contenders to win the conference title back in the preseason. And with tonight’s schedule boasting just six games this is a good opportunity…
Jan 10, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
If one is to strictly judge a program’s success by berths to the NCAA Tournament, Albany and Vermont have been the top programs in the America East conference for the past 11 seasons as they have been there a combined eight times. Will Brown has had sustained success at Albany, while Vermont’s success has been…
Nov 30, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Villanova 63, No. 2 Kansas 59 In a day full of great games, Villanova knocking off No. 2 and previously undefeated Kansas takes the cake. The game was hardly pretty, but that doesn’t much matter to Jay Wright. In fact, it seemed like Wright’s game plan against Kansas was to play…
Nov 25, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Duke hasn’t lost a non-conference game at home since all the way back in 2000, which St. John’s nipped them 83-82. That almost changed on Sunday night, as the Blue Devils came about as close as you can come to losing without actually doing it. They beat 1-5 Vermont 91-90, but it wasn’t that simple.…
Nov 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
After having trouble defensively in their 83-74 win over East Carolina on Tuesday night, No. 6 Duke had their hands full with the Vermont Catamounts on Sunday evening. Thanks to a Rodney Hood free throw with five seconds remaining and Vermont not attempting a shot in time on the ensuing possession the Blue Devils escaped…
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)