Mar 21, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Dayton, the No. 11 seed in the South Region, busted the majority of the nation’s brackets after the first game of the 2014 NCAA Tournament, sending in-state foe Ohio State back home.
Vee Sanford took Aaron Craft off the dribble, banking in the game-winning bucket with 11 seconds left. Craft, who came up with a few clutch, late-game shots, missed on the final attempt of his collegiate career as the Flyers upset the Buckeyes, 60-59.
After defeating The Ohio State University, the Dayton Daily News came up with this amazing headline on the front page of Friday’s newspaper.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)