Mar 21, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Dayton, the No. 11 seed in the South Region, busted the majority of the nation’s brackets after the first game of the 2014 NCAA Tournament, sending in-state foe Ohio State back home.
Vee Sanford took Aaron Craft off the dribble, banking in the game-winning bucket with 11 seconds left. Craft, who came up with a few clutch, late-game shots, missed on the final attempt of his collegiate career as the Flyers upset the Buckeyes, 60-59.
After defeating The Ohio State University, the Dayton Daily News came up with this amazing headline on the front page of Friday’s newspaper.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)