Mar 25, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Wayne Selden announced on twitter on Tuesday afternoon that he will be returning to Kansas for his sophomore season.
“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season!” Selden wrote. “Can’t wait to get to work [and] get back in the fieldhouse.”
Selden is a powerful, athletic scoring guard that was a top 15 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he was frustratingly inconsistent. At times, he would dominate, like when he went for 44 points over the course of two games near the start of Big 12 play. Other times, he would disappear, like the 1-for-10 shooting and four points that he produced in the two NCAA tournament games the Jayhawks played last week.
Selden finished the season averaging 9.7 points and shooting 32.8% from three.
He’s a potential lottery pick, but right now, Draft Express has him going 25th in the first round of the 2015 Draft.
Kansas will now await the official announcements from Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Both are expected to leave and may end up being the top two picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)