Mar 25, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Wayne Selden announced on twitter on Tuesday afternoon that he will be returning to Kansas for his sophomore season.
“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season!” Selden wrote. “Can’t wait to get to work [and] get back in the fieldhouse.”
Selden is a powerful, athletic scoring guard that was a top 15 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he was frustratingly inconsistent. At times, he would dominate, like when he went for 44 points over the course of two games near the start of Big 12 play. Other times, he would disappear, like the 1-for-10 shooting and four points that he produced in the two NCAA tournament games the Jayhawks played last week.
Selden finished the season averaging 9.7 points and shooting 32.8% from three.
He’s a potential lottery pick, but right now, Draft Express has him going 25th in the first round of the 2015 Draft.
Kansas will now await the official announcements from Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Both are expected to leave and may end up being the top two picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)