Mar 27, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
Kansas center Joel Embiid has reportedly made the decision to enter his name into the 2014 NBA Draft, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski.
Embiid is projected as a consensus top three pick in the draft and could go as high as No. 1 overall.
Embiid’s season was cut short when he aggravated a back injury in a loss to Oklahoma State on March 1st. He had dealt with back issues all season long, and it was determined that he had a stress fracture in his spine. He did not play the rest of the season, although he told reporters after No. 2 Kansas was eliminated in the Round of 32 that he would have played in the Sweet 16.
The 7-foot Cameroonian was toying with the idea of returning to school, but it’s hard to pass up the guaranteed money that is coming his way, particularly when he’s already dealing with injury issues. A bad back is a scary thing for an athlete, especially for a 19-year old 7-footer.
Embiid averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in 23 minutes a game for the Jayhawks this season.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)