Mar 30, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
With 3.2 seconds remaining in overtime in the West regional final, Arizona’s Nick Johnson was called for an offensive foul as he drove to take a shot with the Wildcats trailing 64-63. Arizona would get one more chance to win the game, but that nearly wasn’t the case as a result of this call.
Two players on other tournament teams have already chimed in, with Tennessee’s Jordan McRae and Michigan’s Jordan Morgan tweeting their thoughts on the call. Their contest Friday, with the Wolverines holding off the Volunteers in Indianapolis, came down to an offensive foul called on Jarnell Stokes in the closing seconds.
Was the right call made? And should a foul have been called on the defender beforehand? You be the judge.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)