Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
A week after being arrested twice on the same day, former Missouri forward Zach Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith (who’s likely on his way to Tulsa). Among the issues for Price were charges of suspicion of assault and domestic assault, with former teammate Earnest Ross and Ross’ girlfriend the alleged victims.
That situation would also result in Ross filing an order of protection against Price, with a hearing on the matter scheduled for Thursday.
But according to a story by Megan Armstrong of the Columbia Missourian, while Price and his attorney showed up to the courthouse Ross did not. And as a result, the hearing and the order of protection Ross received were thrown out.
Price’s attorney, Patrick Eng, stated in the story that the allegations are false and while Thursday’s development is a positive one for his client it does not mean the case is completely resolved. According to the story the prosecutor has yet to open the case, so the waiting continues for Price.
“My client was summoned to be in court to answer to Mr. Ross’ allegations of what happened,” Eng said. “We were ready there to do that, and he did not show up and that did not happen. So, it’s dismissed.
“We are obviously thankful that that didn’t happen, but we were ready and willing and able to dispute everything that was alleged in there. Everything.”
What’s next in this case? Clearly that’s a question neither side seems to have the answer to at this point in time.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)