Apr 20, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Kentucky is still unsure of how its team will look next fall. With four recruits coming in, Marcus Lee and Willie Cauley-Stein both announcing they will return and James Young declaring for the 2014 NBA Draft, head coach John Calipari has already had some questions answered.
Though his back court of Andrew and Aaron Harrison are still weighing their options. Their father, Aaron Sr. told Fox 26 in Houston that his sons are about halfway to making a decision. The Harrisons are waiting for feedback from the NBA before a decision will be made.
“I just sent the paperwork in two or three days ago,” Aaron Harrison Sr told Fox 26. “I talked to a gentleman at the NBA and he said he would get it to me as fast as possible and then we’ll go from there.
“It’s important. You’re trying to find out what the prospects are for them and where they’ll be drafted and all those things.”
The NCAA tournament run helped boost both of their stocks, though, DraftExpress.com still has neither listed in its latest mock draft while Sporting News has both projected as late first round picks — Andrew at No. 21 and Aaron four spots behind him.
“It’s basically my career really,” Aaron said. “Don’t leave anything out. Think about all the angles and everything that goes into it and just try to make the best choice for your family.”
“It’s tough,” Andrew added. “You got to keep praying on it and just keep talking with your family and see what’s the best thing for you and your family.”
If the Harrison twins were to enter June’s draft, Kentucky would rely on the incoming back court of point guard Tyler Ulis and sharpshooter Devin Booker next season.
The Harrison twins have until April 27 to declare for the NBA draft.
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)