Jun 12, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Arizona landed commitments from two of the best guards on the west coast in the Class of 2015, and while their back court, on the surface, appears to be in excellent hands in the future, there may be some trouble stirring on the horizon.
Tyler Dorsey, a top 10 recruit in the class and one of the nation’s highest-rated guards, committed to the Wildcats earlier this year but is reportedly wavering on that commitment. Justin Simon, a top 25 recruit, is the other guard that the Wildcats have accepted a commitment from.
Dorsey spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports at the Team USA U18 trials on Wednesday, and while he didn’t confirm the rumors, he didn’t exactly make Arizona fans feel comfortable with his commitment to the program.
“I want to get a feel for Coach Miller here,” said Dorsey. Arizona head coach Sean Miller is an assistant on the team. “I also want to get to know Justin better. He is my roommate here. I think the rumors started when Arizona offered Allonzo Trier. There might be more to it than just that. The thing is that a lot can happen in a year. Nothing is set till you sign your Letter anyway.”
Trier is another top back court recruit. He led the EYBL in scoring through the first four sessions and recently decided to transfer for Montrose Christian (MD) to Findlay Prep (NV).
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)