Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl couldn’t speak to recruits until his show cause ended this weekend, but that didn’t stop Auburn from landing four-star wing Danjel Purifoy, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
For Purifoy, a Georgia native and 6-foot-6 wing, to commit to the Tigers without ever speaking to the head coach speaks to the work done by Pearl’s coaching staff as well as the confidence that certain players have in playing for a coach as proven as Pearl.
Purifoy played with the Atlanta Xpress on the grassroots circuit and is the No. 80 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Playing in the Under Armour Association, Purifoy had a solid spring July this year and could be primed for a raise in the rankings and he’s a nice start to Auburn’s recruiting efforts in 2015.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)