Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl couldn’t speak to recruits until his show cause ended this weekend, but that didn’t stop Auburn from landing four-star wing Danjel Purifoy, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
For Purifoy, a Georgia native and 6-foot-6 wing, to commit to the Tigers without ever speaking to the head coach speaks to the work done by Pearl’s coaching staff as well as the confidence that certain players have in playing for a coach as proven as Pearl.
Purifoy played with the Atlanta Xpress on the grassroots circuit and is the No. 80 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Playing in the Under Armour Association, Purifoy had a solid spring July this year and could be primed for a raise in the rankings and he’s a nice start to Auburn’s recruiting efforts in 2015.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)