Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl couldn’t speak to recruits until his show cause ended this weekend, but that didn’t stop Auburn from landing four-star wing Danjel Purifoy, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
For Purifoy, a Georgia native and 6-foot-6 wing, to commit to the Tigers without ever speaking to the head coach speaks to the work done by Pearl’s coaching staff as well as the confidence that certain players have in playing for a coach as proven as Pearl.
Purifoy played with the Atlanta Xpress on the grassroots circuit and is the No. 80 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Playing in the Under Armour Association, Purifoy had a solid spring July this year and could be primed for a raise in the rankings and he’s a nice start to Auburn’s recruiting efforts in 2015.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1