Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Bruce Pearl couldn’t speak to recruits until his show cause ended this weekend, but that didn’t stop Auburn from landing four-star wing Danjel Purifoy, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
For Purifoy, a Georgia native and 6-foot-6 wing, to commit to the Tigers without ever speaking to the head coach speaks to the work done by Pearl’s coaching staff as well as the confidence that certain players have in playing for a coach as proven as Pearl.
Purifoy played with the Atlanta Xpress on the grassroots circuit and is the No. 80 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Playing in the Under Armour Association, Purifoy had a solid spring July this year and could be primed for a raise in the rankings and he’s a nice start to Auburn’s recruiting efforts in 2015.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 11 Wichita State, No. 19 Baylor among winners in games matching ranked teams 0
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)