Aug 25, 2014, 10:22 AM EST
Bruce Pearl had himself one hell of a weekend.
On Friday, the former Tennessee head coach and current Auburn coach landed a commitment from four-star wing forward Danjel Purifoy. On Saturday, Pearl celebrated the final day of his show-cause penalty stemming from the infamous Aaron Craft barbecue. On Sunday, Horace Spencer, a four-star big man and one of the breakout performers of this summer, committed to the Tigers while on a visit to the campus.
Not bad, right?
Well, things got better on Monday, as T.J. Dunans committed to play for the Tigers, according to multiple reports. Dunans is a top five JuCo player in the class of 2015, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
“The Auburn staff has been recruiting me for a long time and coach (Bruce) Pearl’s system will fit my style of play where I can blossom at a high level,” Dunans told JucoReport. “I have always wanted to play at a high level and the SEC is a great conference to showcase my skills and help Auburn get to the Final Four.”
Dunans averaged 22.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists as a freshman at Columbia State. The 6-foot-5 wing joins Purifoy and Spencer in Auburn’s 2015 class, which will be supplemented by Marshall transfer Kareem Canty, who becomes eligible in 2015-2016.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)