Mar 23, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
The implosion of the Wake Forest program continued on Friday.
A day after rising junior Carson Desrosiers decided to leave the program, rising sophomore point guard Anthony Fields has decided to transfer. On Tuesday, starting point guard and third-leading scorer Tony Chennault announced that he would be transferring.
For those scoring at home, in two years at the helm of the Demon Deacons, Jeff Bzdelik has won five ACC games and seen eight players leave his program. Currently on the Wake Forest roster? One senior, one junior, two sophomore and six freshmen. The only point guard they will have in the program next season will be four-star recruit Codi Miller-McIntyre.
That’s a problem.
It isn’t difficult to envision next season for the Demon Deacons: lot of losing, a lot of players unhappy with the losing, a lot of transfers after the season. It is a difficult cycle to break, especially considering Wake Forest isn’t even one of the top three programs in the ACC from the state of North Carolina.
At what point does the Wake Forest administration decide that they need to cut ties with Bzdelik? If they fired Dino Gaudio after just three years, two of which ended in the NCAA tournament, how much rope will Bzdelik get?
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)