Mar 23, 2012, 2:12 PM EST
The implosion of the Wake Forest program continued on Friday.
A day after rising junior Carson Desrosiers decided to leave the program, rising sophomore point guard Anthony Fields has decided to transfer. On Tuesday, starting point guard and third-leading scorer Tony Chennault announced that he would be transferring.
For those scoring at home, in two years at the helm of the Demon Deacons, Jeff Bzdelik has won five ACC games and seen eight players leave his program. Currently on the Wake Forest roster? One senior, one junior, two sophomore and six freshmen. The only point guard they will have in the program next season will be four-star recruit Codi Miller-McIntyre.
That’s a problem.
It isn’t difficult to envision next season for the Demon Deacons: lot of losing, a lot of players unhappy with the losing, a lot of transfers after the season. It is a difficult cycle to break, especially considering Wake Forest isn’t even one of the top three programs in the ACC from the state of North Carolina.
At what point does the Wake Forest administration decide that they need to cut ties with Bzdelik? If they fired Dino Gaudio after just three years, two of which ended in the NCAA tournament, how much rope will Bzdelik get?
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)