Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
The University of Miami landed Davon Reed (Princeton Day School/Princeton, N.J.) Friday night, according to multiple sources.
Evan Daniels, of Scout.com tweeted that this information was confirmed by Reed’s AAU coach. Moment’s later Reed tweeted the decision via his personal Twitter account.
“After a very long process, I have decided, to commit to the University of Miami,” tweeted Reed.
Back in August, Reed had trimmed his list of schools down to just three – Wake Forest, Xavier, and Miami. He took a visit to Wake Forest on Sept. 7, and then Miami the following weekend. On Monday, Reed had an in-home visit with Wake Forest.
Miami adds a guard the the it’s 2013 recruiting class , only days after missing out on Mount St. Joseph’s (Md.) Kameron Williams, who committed to Ohio State.
The 6-foot-5 Reed gives the Canes good size out on the perimeter, who will help on both sides of the ball. And according to a report from Adam Zagoria, Reed doesn’t want to go to South Beach alone. Josh Hart (Sidwell Friends School/Washington, D.C.) and Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic/Paterson, N.J.) are both heading to Miami on an official visit next week, while Austin Colbert (Gill St. Bernard/Gladstone, N.J.) also has the Canes on his list. Team Final AAU coach Rob Brown told Zagoria Reed wants to recruit them all to Miami.
I know he’s talking to Reggie. I know he’s talked to Josh. Him and Austin are good friends. He’s trying to rangle as many as kids as he can. If they have six scholarships to give, he’s trying to get all of them filled up.
Reed becomes the second commit for head coach Jim Larranaga. Point guard Deandre Burnett (Massanutten Military Academy/Miami, Fl) committed to his hometown team back in March.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)