Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
The University of Miami landed Davon Reed (Princeton Day School/Princeton, N.J.) Friday night, according to multiple sources.
Evan Daniels, of Scout.com tweeted that this information was confirmed by Reed’s AAU coach. Moment’s later Reed tweeted the decision via his personal Twitter account.
“After a very long process, I have decided, to commit to the University of Miami,” tweeted Reed.
Back in August, Reed had trimmed his list of schools down to just three – Wake Forest, Xavier, and Miami. He took a visit to Wake Forest on Sept. 7, and then Miami the following weekend. On Monday, Reed had an in-home visit with Wake Forest.
Miami adds a guard the the it’s 2013 recruiting class , only days after missing out on Mount St. Joseph’s (Md.) Kameron Williams, who committed to Ohio State.
The 6-foot-5 Reed gives the Canes good size out on the perimeter, who will help on both sides of the ball. And according to a report from Adam Zagoria, Reed doesn’t want to go to South Beach alone. Josh Hart (Sidwell Friends School/Washington, D.C.) and Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic/Paterson, N.J.) are both heading to Miami on an official visit next week, while Austin Colbert (Gill St. Bernard/Gladstone, N.J.) also has the Canes on his list. Team Final AAU coach Rob Brown told Zagoria Reed wants to recruit them all to Miami.
I know he’s talking to Reggie. I know he’s talked to Josh. Him and Austin are good friends. He’s trying to rangle as many as kids as he can. If they have six scholarships to give, he’s trying to get all of them filled up.
Reed becomes the second commit for head coach Jim Larranaga. Point guard Deandre Burnett (Massanutten Military Academy/Miami, Fl) committed to his hometown team back in March.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)