Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
The University of Miami landed Davon Reed (Princeton Day School/Princeton, N.J.) Friday night, according to multiple sources.
Evan Daniels, of Scout.com tweeted that this information was confirmed by Reed’s AAU coach. Moment’s later Reed tweeted the decision via his personal Twitter account.
“After a very long process, I have decided, to commit to the University of Miami,” tweeted Reed.
Back in August, Reed had trimmed his list of schools down to just three – Wake Forest, Xavier, and Miami. He took a visit to Wake Forest on Sept. 7, and then Miami the following weekend. On Monday, Reed had an in-home visit with Wake Forest.
Miami adds a guard the the it’s 2013 recruiting class , only days after missing out on Mount St. Joseph’s (Md.) Kameron Williams, who committed to Ohio State.
The 6-foot-5 Reed gives the Canes good size out on the perimeter, who will help on both sides of the ball. And according to a report from Adam Zagoria, Reed doesn’t want to go to South Beach alone. Josh Hart (Sidwell Friends School/Washington, D.C.) and Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic/Paterson, N.J.) are both heading to Miami on an official visit next week, while Austin Colbert (Gill St. Bernard/Gladstone, N.J.) also has the Canes on his list. Team Final AAU coach Rob Brown told Zagoria Reed wants to recruit them all to Miami.
I know he’s talking to Reggie. I know he’s talked to Josh. Him and Austin are good friends. He’s trying to rangle as many as kids as he can. If they have six scholarships to give, he’s trying to get all of them filled up.
Reed becomes the second commit for head coach Jim Larranaga. Point guard Deandre Burnett (Massanutten Military Academy/Miami, Fl) committed to his hometown team back in March.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)