Nov 19, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Confused why Maryland would leave the ACC behind for the Big Ten? It’s about money, man.
Pete Thamel of SI breaks down the staggering financial implications of Maryland and Rutgers moving to the Big Ten, and speculates on what dominoes may fall next in conference reshuffling. (You also can read more about the realignment mess here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)