Nov 19, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Confused why Maryland would leave the ACC behind for the Big Ten? It’s about money, man.
Pete Thamel of SI breaks down the staggering financial implications of Maryland and Rutgers moving to the Big Ten, and speculates on what dominoes may fall next in conference reshuffling. (You also can read more about the realignment mess here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)