Jan 11, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
During the fall semester, Ben Howland and his UCLA program saw two players transfer. In a span of 10 days, each of those players have found new homes.
Last Wednesday, junior center Josh Smith announced he will join Georgetown for his final season of eligibility. Friday evening, junior guard Tyler Lamb made his decision and will transfer to Long Beach State. Lamb posted his decision on his Twitter account just after 5 p.m.
He picked the 49ers over San Diego State. The 6-foot-5 Lamb elected to transfer back in November.
“I would like to thank the University, Coach Howland and his staff for the unparalleled opportunity to have been a part of UCLA’s program,” Lamb said in a release on Nov. 25. “However, I believe that it is in my best interest to find a new destination where I can continue to grow, both as a person and as a basketball player. I am eternally grateful to my coaches and teammates for everything they have given me, and I wish them the best going forward. I plan on enrolling in a new educational institution by next semester, and I have not yet determined my schools of interest.”
As a sophomore Lamb averaged 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game. Lamb underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in October, which sidelined him for six weeks.
He only appeared the Bruins’ season opener this season, scoring four points with three rebounds and a pair of assists in 14 minutes of action in a 86-59 win over Indiana State.
Lamb played only one game this season, so it will be interesting to see if he and Long Beach State try to get that year back. If Lamb cannot, he will have a year and a half of eligibility remaining and can play for the 49ers as early as the second semester of the 2013-2014 season (late December).
I want to thank both Long beach st nd SDSU for riding this whole process out with me.. With that being said, i will be a Long Beach St. 49er
— Tyler Lamb (@LamboMars) January 11, 2013
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (5)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)