Feb 1, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty/San Jose, Calif.) is one of three top-1o recruits who are still on the board. While some players are trimming their list of options for next year, the 6-foot-8 Gordon has actually added to his recruitment.
Friday night, according to a tweet from Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, Gordon added Oregon to his list of finalists which include Kentucky, Arizona and Washington.
In mid-November, Gordon had trimmed his list to only three, eliminating California, Kansas, Stanford and UNLV among others. He has previously visited all four of his remaining schools. The power forward could join the star-studded recruiting class John Calipari is bringing to Lexington this fall, or sign with Arizona, who brought in three frontcourt players in 2012. Washington head coach Lorenzo Romar attended high school with Gordon’s father, Ed and will need another rebounder for next season.
Kentucky has six commits in 2013 and could add another before it’s all said and done. Arizona currently has a two-man class, headlined by small forward Rondae Jefferson (Chester High/Chester Pa.). Oregon already has a power forward committed, four-star Jordan Bell (Long Beach Poly High/Long Beach, Calif.). A trio of guard have pledged to Washington, including Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep/Henderson, Nev.).
Gordon is coming off an impressive showing at the 2013 Spalding Hoophall Classic with 27 points and 12 rebounds in a loss to Lone Peak High School (Uta.), with several highlight reel dunks.
On Monday, Jan. 21 — Day 5 of the Hoophall Classic — Gordon said despite some of these schools with loaded classes or players at his position already committed, that won’t effect his decision.
“I’m not really looking to fit in at college,” he told Jordan Higgs of MassLive.com. “I’m looking to stand out.”
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)