Feb 7, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
There is now a suspect in Sunday night’s murder of Monica Quan, an assistant on the Cal State-Fullerton women’s basketball team, and her fiance.
There is currently a manhunt underway for Christopher Jordan Dorner, a 33-year old ex-cop who is believed to have shot three other police officers, one fatally, early Thursday morning.
Dorner wrote in an online manifesto that becoming a police officer was his lifelong dream. He was fired in 2009 for allegedly making false statements about a training officer, and, according to that manifesto, this shooting spree is apparently his way of exacting revenge.
Quan is the daughter of Randy Quan, a retired LAPD officer that took part in the review process that cost Dorner his job.
The LA Times quotes Dorner online ramblings:
Dorner complained that Randy Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.
“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep,” he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.
“I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” he added.
You can read the entire manifesto here. Be warned. It’s intense, chilling and disturbing.
We’ll keep an eye on this story and update it if the manhunt comes to a conclusion today.
A memorial and candlelight vigil was held for Quan and her fiance.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)