Feb 7, 2013, 10:17 AM EST
There is now a suspect in Sunday night’s murder of Monica Quan, an assistant on the Cal State-Fullerton women’s basketball team, and her fiance.
There is currently a manhunt underway for Christopher Jordan Dorner, a 33-year old ex-cop who is believed to have shot three other police officers, one fatally, early Thursday morning.
Dorner wrote in an online manifesto that becoming a police officer was his lifelong dream. He was fired in 2009 for allegedly making false statements about a training officer, and, according to that manifesto, this shooting spree is apparently his way of exacting revenge.
Quan is the daughter of Randy Quan, a retired LAPD officer that took part in the review process that cost Dorner his job.
The LA Times quotes Dorner online ramblings:
Dorner complained that Randy Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.
“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep,” he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.
“I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” he added.
You can read the entire manifesto here. Be warned. It’s intense, chilling and disturbing.
We’ll keep an eye on this story and update it if the manhunt comes to a conclusion today.
A memorial and candlelight vigil was held for Quan and her fiance.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)