Feb 7, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
There is now a suspect in Sunday night’s murder of Monica Quan, an assistant on the Cal State-Fullerton women’s basketball team, and her fiance.
There is currently a manhunt underway for Christopher Jordan Dorner, a 33-year old ex-cop who is believed to have shot three other police officers, one fatally, early Thursday morning.
Dorner wrote in an online manifesto that becoming a police officer was his lifelong dream. He was fired in 2009 for allegedly making false statements about a training officer, and, according to that manifesto, this shooting spree is apparently his way of exacting revenge.
Quan is the daughter of Randy Quan, a retired LAPD officer that took part in the review process that cost Dorner his job.
The LA Times quotes Dorner online ramblings:
Dorner complained that Randy Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.
“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep,” he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.
“I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” he added.
You can read the entire manifesto here. Be warned. It’s intense, chilling and disturbing.
We’ll keep an eye on this story and update it if the manhunt comes to a conclusion today.
A memorial and candlelight vigil was held for Quan and her fiance.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1