Feb 20, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Florida big man and South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was arrested Wednesday for failing to appear at an arraignment on Aug. 16, Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun is reporting.
Harris received a citation on July 16 for driving without a valid license, which is classified as a second-degree misdemeanor, the report says.
The 6-9 native of Fayetteville, N.C., played two seasons at South Carolina before transferring in the off-season after a coaching change. South Carolina coach Darrin Horn was fired and replaced by former Kansas State coach Frank Martin. Harris chose to transfer to Florida over Kansas and other possible suitors.
During the 2011-12 season with South Carolina, Harris averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game. He is currently sitting out a season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)