Feb 20, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Florida big man and South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was arrested Wednesday for failing to appear at an arraignment on Aug. 16, Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun is reporting.
Harris received a citation on July 16 for driving without a valid license, which is classified as a second-degree misdemeanor, the report says.
The 6-9 native of Fayetteville, N.C., played two seasons at South Carolina before transferring in the off-season after a coaching change. South Carolina coach Darrin Horn was fired and replaced by former Kansas State coach Frank Martin. Harris chose to transfer to Florida over Kansas and other possible suitors.
During the 2011-12 season with South Carolina, Harris averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game. He is currently sitting out a season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)