Feb 20, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Florida big man and South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was arrested Wednesday for failing to appear at an arraignment on Aug. 16, Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun is reporting.
Harris received a citation on July 16 for driving without a valid license, which is classified as a second-degree misdemeanor, the report says.
The 6-9 native of Fayetteville, N.C., played two seasons at South Carolina before transferring in the off-season after a coaching change. South Carolina coach Darrin Horn was fired and replaced by former Kansas State coach Frank Martin. Harris chose to transfer to Florida over Kansas and other possible suitors.
During the 2011-12 season with South Carolina, Harris averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game. He is currently sitting out a season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 2
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)