Feb 20, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Florida big man and South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was arrested Wednesday for failing to appear at an arraignment on Aug. 16, Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun is reporting.
Harris received a citation on July 16 for driving without a valid license, which is classified as a second-degree misdemeanor, the report says.
The 6-9 native of Fayetteville, N.C., played two seasons at South Carolina before transferring in the off-season after a coaching change. South Carolina coach Darrin Horn was fired and replaced by former Kansas State coach Frank Martin. Harris chose to transfer to Florida over Kansas and other possible suitors.
During the 2011-12 season with South Carolina, Harris averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game. He is currently sitting out a season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)