Mar 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
We all remember the West Coast Conference semifinals for St. Mary’s on Saturday. You know, the one where Brad Waldow had one of his front teeth knocked out against San Diego?
Well, he recently had surgery to put the tooth back in.
Good to see Waldow saved his tooth, because life can’t be easy if you are able to sip a straw without opening up your chompers for the rest of your life. Or having to get a fake tooth. I assume from this photo that getting a substitute was out of the question.
(I’d warn you that it’s a bit on the graphic side, but you’ve already made it this far.)
The 6-9, 260-pound Waldow is averaging 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Gaels, who will need him against a front line like Gonzaga’s in tonight’s WCC title game.
Of course, he’ll probably want to wear a mouth-guard.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)