Mar 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
We all remember the West Coast Conference semifinals for St. Mary’s on Saturday. You know, the one where Brad Waldow had one of his front teeth knocked out against San Diego?
Well, he recently had surgery to put the tooth back in.
Good to see Waldow saved his tooth, because life can’t be easy if you are able to sip a straw without opening up your chompers for the rest of your life. Or having to get a fake tooth. I assume from this photo that getting a substitute was out of the question.
(I’d warn you that it’s a bit on the graphic side, but you’ve already made it this far.)
The 6-9, 260-pound Waldow is averaging 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Gaels, who will need him against a front line like Gonzaga’s in tonight’s WCC title game.
Of course, he’ll probably want to wear a mouth-guard.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)