Mar 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
We all remember the West Coast Conference semifinals for St. Mary’s on Saturday. You know, the one where Brad Waldow had one of his front teeth knocked out against San Diego?
Well, he recently had surgery to put the tooth back in.
Good to see Waldow saved his tooth, because life can’t be easy if you are able to sip a straw without opening up your chompers for the rest of your life. Or having to get a fake tooth. I assume from this photo that getting a substitute was out of the question.
(I’d warn you that it’s a bit on the graphic side, but you’ve already made it this far.)
The 6-9, 260-pound Waldow is averaging 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Gaels, who will need him against a front line like Gonzaga’s in tonight’s WCC title game.
Of course, he’ll probably want to wear a mouth-guard.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)