Mar 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
We all remember the West Coast Conference semifinals for St. Mary’s on Saturday. You know, the one where Brad Waldow had one of his front teeth knocked out against San Diego?
Well, he recently had surgery to put the tooth back in.
Good to see Waldow saved his tooth, because life can’t be easy if you are able to sip a straw without opening up your chompers for the rest of your life. Or having to get a fake tooth. I assume from this photo that getting a substitute was out of the question.
(I’d warn you that it’s a bit on the graphic side, but you’ve already made it this far.)
The 6-9, 260-pound Waldow is averaging 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Gaels, who will need him against a front line like Gonzaga’s in tonight’s WCC title game.
Of course, he’ll probably want to wear a mouth-guard.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)