Apr 21, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
Missouri picked up another piece to try and help replace Phil Pressey on Saturday night, as three-star point guard and New Jersey native Shane Rector committed to Frank Haith’s program. The news was first reported by Scout.com.
Rector is the second point guard that Haith as earned a commitment from, as Michigan-native Wes Clark committed to the Tigers last summer.
“I already know Wes [Clark]. I knew him before all this and he was on board for me to come,” Rector told PowerMizzou.com. “He told me if I felt like it was the right situation I should go there. We’ll be able to help each other out since we already have chemistry. I know he’s a good player. I think we can eventually be one of the top backcourts in the country.”
It will be interesting to see how Haith divvies up ball-handling duties between Clark and Rector. It’s unlikely both will start, as Missouri also has Jabari Brown and Tulsa-transfer Jordan Clarkson on their perimeter.
” He’ll be a change of pace guy off the bench,” said CBSSports.com recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello. “He has the ability to get by his defender and get in the lane, which should help replace Pressey’s playmaking prowess.”
Rector was previously committed to Rutgers when Mike Rice was the head coach, but he decommitted from the program last week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)