Apr 21, 2013, 8:49 AM EST
Missouri picked up another piece to try and help replace Phil Pressey on Saturday night, as three-star point guard and New Jersey native Shane Rector committed to Frank Haith’s program. The news was first reported by Scout.com.
Rector is the second point guard that Haith as earned a commitment from, as Michigan-native Wes Clark committed to the Tigers last summer.
“I already know Wes [Clark]. I knew him before all this and he was on board for me to come,” Rector told PowerMizzou.com. “He told me if I felt like it was the right situation I should go there. We’ll be able to help each other out since we already have chemistry. I know he’s a good player. I think we can eventually be one of the top backcourts in the country.”
It will be interesting to see how Haith divvies up ball-handling duties between Clark and Rector. It’s unlikely both will start, as Missouri also has Jabari Brown and Tulsa-transfer Jordan Clarkson on their perimeter.
” He’ll be a change of pace guy off the bench,” said CBSSports.com recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello. “He has the ability to get by his defender and get in the lane, which should help replace Pressey’s playmaking prowess.”
Rector was previously committed to Rutgers when Mike Rice was the head coach, but he decommitted from the program last week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss 3
- Michigan’s process of adjusting to key personnel losses hasn’t been a smooth one 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)