Apr 21, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
Missouri picked up another piece to try and help replace Phil Pressey on Saturday night, as three-star point guard and New Jersey native Shane Rector committed to Frank Haith’s program. The news was first reported by Scout.com.
Rector is the second point guard that Haith as earned a commitment from, as Michigan-native Wes Clark committed to the Tigers last summer.
“I already know Wes [Clark]. I knew him before all this and he was on board for me to come,” Rector told PowerMizzou.com. “He told me if I felt like it was the right situation I should go there. We’ll be able to help each other out since we already have chemistry. I know he’s a good player. I think we can eventually be one of the top backcourts in the country.”
It will be interesting to see how Haith divvies up ball-handling duties between Clark and Rector. It’s unlikely both will start, as Missouri also has Jabari Brown and Tulsa-transfer Jordan Clarkson on their perimeter.
” He’ll be a change of pace guy off the bench,” said CBSSports.com recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello. “He has the ability to get by his defender and get in the lane, which should help replace Pressey’s playmaking prowess.”
Rector was previously committed to Rutgers when Mike Rice was the head coach, but he decommitted from the program last week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)