Apr 21, 2013, 8:49 AM EST
Missouri picked up another piece to try and help replace Phil Pressey on Saturday night, as three-star point guard and New Jersey native Shane Rector committed to Frank Haith’s program. The news was first reported by Scout.com.
Rector is the second point guard that Haith as earned a commitment from, as Michigan-native Wes Clark committed to the Tigers last summer.
“I already know Wes [Clark]. I knew him before all this and he was on board for me to come,” Rector told PowerMizzou.com. “He told me if I felt like it was the right situation I should go there. We’ll be able to help each other out since we already have chemistry. I know he’s a good player. I think we can eventually be one of the top backcourts in the country.”
It will be interesting to see how Haith divvies up ball-handling duties between Clark and Rector. It’s unlikely both will start, as Missouri also has Jabari Brown and Tulsa-transfer Jordan Clarkson on their perimeter.
” He’ll be a change of pace guy off the bench,” said CBSSports.com recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello. “He has the ability to get by his defender and get in the lane, which should help replace Pressey’s playmaking prowess.”
Rector was previously committed to Rutgers when Mike Rice was the head coach, but he decommitted from the program last week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)