May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
The 2012-13 season was a good one for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino to say the least.
A national title, a spot in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and his son Richard becoming the youngest head coach in the Big Ten after being hired at Minnesota.
Unfortunately that luck didn’t carry over to the track at Churchill Downs as Goldencents finished 17th in Saturday’s Kentucky Derby.
But maybe the good fortune went with Pitino to the Bahamas, where he apparently reeled in an 80-pound white marlin. Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority supplied photos of the coach (and friends) with the big haul via Twitter.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)