May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
The 2012-13 season was a good one for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino to say the least.
A national title, a spot in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and his son Richard becoming the youngest head coach in the Big Ten after being hired at Minnesota.
Unfortunately that luck didn’t carry over to the track at Churchill Downs as Goldencents finished 17th in Saturday’s Kentucky Derby.
But maybe the good fortune went with Pitino to the Bahamas, where he apparently reeled in an 80-pound white marlin. Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority supplied photos of the coach (and friends) with the big haul via Twitter.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)