May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM EST
The 2012-13 season was a good one for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino to say the least.
A national title, a spot in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and his son Richard becoming the youngest head coach in the Big Ten after being hired at Minnesota.
Unfortunately that luck didn’t carry over to the track at Churchill Downs as Goldencents finished 17th in Saturday’s Kentucky Derby.
But maybe the good fortune went with Pitino to the Bahamas, where he apparently reeled in an 80-pound white marlin. Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority supplied photos of the coach (and friends) with the big haul via Twitter.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)