May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM EST
The 2012-13 season was a good one for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino to say the least.
A national title, a spot in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and his son Richard becoming the youngest head coach in the Big Ten after being hired at Minnesota.
Unfortunately that luck didn’t carry over to the track at Churchill Downs as Goldencents finished 17th in Saturday’s Kentucky Derby.
But maybe the good fortune went with Pitino to the Bahamas, where he apparently reeled in an 80-pound white marlin. Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority supplied photos of the coach (and friends) with the big haul via Twitter.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)