May 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Dominic Woodson no longer plans to attend Baylor in the fall, according to multiple reports.
Woodson was rated as the No. 80 recruit in the country, and the No. 9 center in the Class of 2013, by Rivals. But with Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson both opting to return to school, and with Rico Gathers still on the roster, Woodson is no longer a good fit for the Bears.
Neither side expected all three of Baylor’s big men to return to school.
That said, it’s still a bit concerning if you’re a Baylor fan. This is the third time in a week that a player expected to be a contributor during the 2013-2014 season has left the program. First, it was Deuce Bello transferring out of the program and to Missouri. Then LJ Rose left after just one season in Waco.
There is still plenty of talent at Scott Drew’s disposal, but hemorrhaging top 100 recruits for a team that is losing Pierre Jackson to graduation doesn’t exactly seem ideal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)