May 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
Dominic Woodson no longer plans to attend Baylor in the fall, according to multiple reports.
Woodson was rated as the No. 80 recruit in the country, and the No. 9 center in the Class of 2013, by Rivals. But with Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson both opting to return to school, and with Rico Gathers still on the roster, Woodson is no longer a good fit for the Bears.
Neither side expected all three of Baylor’s big men to return to school.
That said, it’s still a bit concerning if you’re a Baylor fan. This is the third time in a week that a player expected to be a contributor during the 2013-2014 season has left the program. First, it was Deuce Bello transferring out of the program and to Missouri. Then LJ Rose left after just one season in Waco.
There is still plenty of talent at Scott Drew’s disposal, but hemorrhaging top 100 recruits for a team that is losing Pierre Jackson to graduation doesn’t exactly seem ideal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)