Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Human highlight reel and former University of Detroit forward Doug Anderson was one of five players drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday.
Former Baylor center and current Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner was also drafted as was New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera. High Point forward Corey Law and Tyrone Davis, a 5-foot-2 guard from Northwood University (Fla.) rounded out the 2013 Globetrotter draft class.
Anderson finished last season with the Titans averaging 12.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, but was known for an insane amount of high-flying dunks he threw down during the course of the season, including four in the video above that helped him win the 2013 State Farm College Slam Dunk title back in April. It was the fifth dunk contest win in as many attempts for Kalamazoo, Mich. native.
“It’s really an honor,” Anderson told Tom Markowski of the Detroit News after being drafted. “It’s great. I mean, I never even thought about it.
“That would be nice but I’m working so hard trying to get to the NBA. It’s a big decision. Will I play for the Globetrotters? I don’t know. I can’t really say.”
Being drafted by the Globetrotters means nothing really. Griner already turned down the offer. The 6-foot-5 Anderson has worked out for several NBA teams including the Detroit Pistons. He’s expecting to be added to sign on with a team for the summer league.
I’m all for Anderson following his dream to play in the NBA, but I’d really like to see what he would do to the Washington Generals.
That’s entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)