Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Human highlight reel and former University of Detroit forward Doug Anderson was one of five players drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday.
Former Baylor center and current Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner was also drafted as was New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera. High Point forward Corey Law and Tyrone Davis, a 5-foot-2 guard from Northwood University (Fla.) rounded out the 2013 Globetrotter draft class.
Anderson finished last season with the Titans averaging 12.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, but was known for an insane amount of high-flying dunks he threw down during the course of the season, including four in the video above that helped him win the 2013 State Farm College Slam Dunk title back in April. It was the fifth dunk contest win in as many attempts for Kalamazoo, Mich. native.
“It’s really an honor,” Anderson told Tom Markowski of the Detroit News after being drafted. “It’s great. I mean, I never even thought about it.
“That would be nice but I’m working so hard trying to get to the NBA. It’s a big decision. Will I play for the Globetrotters? I don’t know. I can’t really say.”
Being drafted by the Globetrotters means nothing really. Griner already turned down the offer. The 6-foot-5 Anderson has worked out for several NBA teams including the Detroit Pistons. He’s expecting to be added to sign on with a team for the summer league.
I’m all for Anderson following his dream to play in the NBA, but I’d really like to see what he would do to the Washington Generals.
That’s entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)