Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Human highlight reel and former University of Detroit forward Doug Anderson was one of five players drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday.
Former Baylor center and current Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner was also drafted as was New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera. High Point forward Corey Law and Tyrone Davis, a 5-foot-2 guard from Northwood University (Fla.) rounded out the 2013 Globetrotter draft class.
Anderson finished last season with the Titans averaging 12.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, but was known for an insane amount of high-flying dunks he threw down during the course of the season, including four in the video above that helped him win the 2013 State Farm College Slam Dunk title back in April. It was the fifth dunk contest win in as many attempts for Kalamazoo, Mich. native.
“It’s really an honor,” Anderson told Tom Markowski of the Detroit News after being drafted. “It’s great. I mean, I never even thought about it.
“That would be nice but I’m working so hard trying to get to the NBA. It’s a big decision. Will I play for the Globetrotters? I don’t know. I can’t really say.”
Being drafted by the Globetrotters means nothing really. Griner already turned down the offer. The 6-foot-5 Anderson has worked out for several NBA teams including the Detroit Pistons. He’s expecting to be added to sign on with a team for the summer league.
I’m all for Anderson following his dream to play in the NBA, but I’d really like to see what he would do to the Washington Generals.
That’s entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)