Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Human highlight reel and former University of Detroit forward Doug Anderson was one of five players drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday.
Former Baylor center and current Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner was also drafted as was New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera. High Point forward Corey Law and Tyrone Davis, a 5-foot-2 guard from Northwood University (Fla.) rounded out the 2013 Globetrotter draft class.
Anderson finished last season with the Titans averaging 12.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, but was known for an insane amount of high-flying dunks he threw down during the course of the season, including four in the video above that helped him win the 2013 State Farm College Slam Dunk title back in April. It was the fifth dunk contest win in as many attempts for Kalamazoo, Mich. native.
“It’s really an honor,” Anderson told Tom Markowski of the Detroit News after being drafted. “It’s great. I mean, I never even thought about it.
“That would be nice but I’m working so hard trying to get to the NBA. It’s a big decision. Will I play for the Globetrotters? I don’t know. I can’t really say.”
Being drafted by the Globetrotters means nothing really. Griner already turned down the offer. The 6-foot-5 Anderson has worked out for several NBA teams including the Detroit Pistons. He’s expecting to be added to sign on with a team for the summer league.
I’m all for Anderson following his dream to play in the NBA, but I’d really like to see what he would do to the Washington Generals.
That’s entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)