Jul 9, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Rashad Vaughn has made a decision on where he will be attending prep school next season.
According to a report from Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com, Vaughn is headed to Findlay Prep for his senior season. He announced that he would be leaving his high school in Minnesota in June.
“At Findlay Prep, the competition in both practice and games would be at a high level and it would best prepare me for the next phase of my career,” Vaughn told Biancardi. “I got to know the coaching staff and I believe they can help make me a better player.”
Findlay is a powerhouse program, sending the likes of Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph to the NBA. Vaughn, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard who is ranked No. 7 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, will be joining the likes of Craig Victor and Kelly Oubre, two forwards ranked in the top 50, and a Class of 2016 point guard named Derryck Thornton.
Perhaps the most interesting part of Vaughn’s decision is that Findlay has yet to find a replacement for head coach Todd Simon, who took a gig as an assistant coach at UNLV. Most believe that Jerome Williams, who has been an assistant for the last five years at Findlay, will get the job, but it’s not official yet.
“I know I’m probably on their wish list, but they haven’t made any official offers,” Williams told the Las Vegas Sun last week. “It would be an interesting scenario. We’ll see what Findlay Prep as an organization decides to do.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)