Jul 9, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Rashad Vaughn has made a decision on where he will be attending prep school next season.
According to a report from Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com, Vaughn is headed to Findlay Prep for his senior season. He announced that he would be leaving his high school in Minnesota in June.
“At Findlay Prep, the competition in both practice and games would be at a high level and it would best prepare me for the next phase of my career,” Vaughn told Biancardi. “I got to know the coaching staff and I believe they can help make me a better player.”
Findlay is a powerhouse program, sending the likes of Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph to the NBA. Vaughn, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard who is ranked No. 7 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, will be joining the likes of Craig Victor and Kelly Oubre, two forwards ranked in the top 50, and a Class of 2016 point guard named Derryck Thornton.
Perhaps the most interesting part of Vaughn’s decision is that Findlay has yet to find a replacement for head coach Todd Simon, who took a gig as an assistant coach at UNLV. Most believe that Jerome Williams, who has been an assistant for the last five years at Findlay, will get the job, but it’s not official yet.
“I know I’m probably on their wish list, but they haven’t made any official offers,” Williams told the Las Vegas Sun last week. “It would be an interesting scenario. We’ll see what Findlay Prep as an organization decides to do.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)